The blockchain in healthcare market is expected to reach $890.5 million by 2023. A growth that is primarily attributed to stringent regulations for safeguarding consumer data, increasing funding and investments in the blockchain arena. The adoption of blockchain technology in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries is also attributing to the growth.
The blockchain in healthcare market is categorized into clinical data applications. Among these applications, the market for clinical data exchange and interoperability is expected to reach more than $400.0 million by 2023. Blockchain technology can potentially transform the way of clinical information, data storage and sharing across healthcare partners, payers, and patients.
The blockchain in healthcare market is classified into pharmaceutical companies, healthcare providers, healthcare payers, and others. Healthcare providers, as an end-user category, are dominating the market and this trend is expected to maintain throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to the fact that the blockchain technology is globally gaining acceptance among healthcare providers. Technology such as data security and integrity can be credited for this global acceptance, and the general adoption of blockchain in healthcare is only expected to further increase in the coming years.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific (APAC) is anticipated to be the fastest growing blockchain in healthcare market, with at a CAGR of over 70.0% during the forecast period. This fastest growth is primarily attributed to the growing focus on blockchain technology in this region as well as unmet need in areas of clinical data exchange and interoperability, and drug supply chain management. For example, in July 2018, Singapore Innovate Pte. Ltd. (SGInnovate), Singapore’s government-owned technology development firm, invested in MediLOT Technologies, a blockchain and healthcare analytics start-up.
Given the fact that the technology in its nascent stage of development, the companies interested in adopting blockchain technology are partnering and collaborating with various technology providers to exploring the potential applications of the blockchain technology, so that they can streamline their operational processes.
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019