Token.Agency is finally here. After a soft launch at last November’s Blockchain Expo North America Silicon Valley, Token.Agency has opened its doors for business with a new website and new clients.
The full-service, blockchain consulting firm deals in Security Token Offerings (STOs), Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and blockchain services. They specialize in token design, project launches and marketing services for both established and early-stage businesses.
Token.Agency is new, but the team behind it is not. Their brain trust includes not only an MIT scientist but also experienced marketers, publishers and blockchain industry veterans.
Collectively, the team has worked on more than 90 ICOs, STOs and blockchain projects. Token.Agency has also worked extensively with blockchain clients, such as Bancor, American Zoetrope’s decentralized.pictures, Bollywood’s MinersInc project, and dozens more. Other previous marketing clients include Uber, Netflix, Unilever, Daimler Chrysler, Car2GO, Nintendo, Nissan, Vodafone, and Samsung.
“There is a gap in knowledge and a lot of confusion right now. We can help solve that,” says Richard Kastelein, Managing Director of Token.Agency. “The industry is shifting to a new, more credible market where tokens are securitized and acceptable to regulators. The next big, world-changing idea will be funded by this new wave of tokenomics.”
The partners have been involved in projects that raised more than $750 million in innovation funding in the United States, Singapore, Dubai, Gibraltar, Malta, Switzerland, Cayman Islands and Australia. Token. Agency has global partnerships with legal teams, regulators, exchanges, and other financial professionals such as broker-dealers, institutional investors, and established bitcoin investors. Combined, they have given more than 100 keynotes and thought leadership speeches at conferences around the world.
“There is a gap in knowledge and a lot of confusion right now,” says Theron Andrews, VP of Marketing in North America.
“Security token offerings in the U.S., in particular, are a great way to raise money in a regulated environment via accredited investors,” says Andrews, a former VP at New Alchemy. “And STOs are not only for startups but also for medium-sized businesses that want to grow.”
Token.Agency is part of a consortium of companies that includes the education firm Blockchain Partners, which has taught over 1,000 multinational corporate staffers the basics of blockchain via Webex remote and live classes. Also in the company’s portfolio is Blockchain News, the industry standard since 2015 with strong social media communities and Google rankings for its daily articles. Their pioneering event CryptoFinancing (Tokenomicon) was the first ICO event held in Europe in early 2017. Lastly, their Cryptoassets Design Group focuses on managing top advisory talent.
“We want to use our strong market position to not only educate people but also help them understand the blockchain business environment and find the right partners,” says Robert K. Elder, Token.Agency Founding Partner and Business Develop Executive.
As security tokens gain prominence, the ICOs environment is evolving.
“Businesses that want to include tokenomics in their projects still need a community and network to drive the free market supply and demand which make a viable tokenized ecosystem,” says partner Tobias Ebbinge.
Token.Agency is about more than helping new and established businesses participate in this emerging market, however.
“We have to help folks in the large agencies and business groups understand the new paradigm,” says Martijn Timmermans, Director of Operations. “There are so many emerging opportunities that combine cryptocurrencies, and loyalty programs and game theory—the possibilities are endless.”
Timmermans said he is planning to use the Tokenomicon brand to create smaller, more exclusive events for agencies and companies that want high-level engagement on the ecosystem.
“We have a massive network of people who can help with both education and consulting,” adds Timmermans. “Token.Agency is in the right place at the right time.”
Key appointments in the new agency:
- Richard Kastelein, Managing Director of Token.Agency is also the Publisher of Blockchain News and founder of Blockchain Partners, based in Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Theron Andrews, Partner and VP of Marketing in North America, was the former VP of Marketing at New Alchemy. Andrews is based in Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Dr. John Clippinger, Advisor and Partner, an MIT scientist and author, based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Martijn Timmermans, Director of Operations and Tokenomicon, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Robert K. Elder, Founding Partner and Business Development Executive, is based in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Tobias Ebbinge, Partner and VP of Marketing Europe, is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Wieke Beenen, Partner and Editor of Blockchain News, is based in Groningen, The Netherlands.
Tokenomics is changing the way humans self-organize in communities and create their own value that is built from the bottom up, rather than the top down. These emerging economic paradigms are revolutionizing the way we trade. From inception to launch, the focus of Token.Agency is on advising top projects that create meaningful impact.
“We prefer to work on projects that have social value or transformational capability,” says Kastelein. “Currently, we are finding that real estate, loyalty programmes and supply chains are all now being transformed by blockchain technology and tokenomics – with real use cases coming to market in 2019.”
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020