Switcheo OTC — A platform paving the way for a trustless and secure trading experience, is pleased to announce it will be launching a new crypto-to-crypto over-the-counter trading platform, with its public beta coming up on March 4th.
Until now, the ability to securely execute peer-to-peer trades of digital tokens that Switcheo cannot form a market for, has been sorely lacking.
leveraging on existing trustless smart contracts on Ethereum and NEO, the new platform will allow users to execute peer-to-peer trades with zero counter-party risk.
“We saw an increasing demand for OTC services on NEO and Ethereum and we hope that this platform can help fulfill that need in a secure manner,” said Switcheo CEO Ivan Poon.
For all traders who want to try it out, the fees are kept low, with 0% fees in the first month for all OTC trades. After that, traders can opt to use SWTH tokens for discounts on fees.
Similar to the main exchange, Switcheo OTC is also a fully non-custodial platform that executes trades immediately and transparently. The tokens used in Switcheo OTC also draw from the same smart contract balance as the main Exchange, giving traders a frictionless experience.
Switcheo OTC will first launch with a limited set of tokens and be restricted to trading within individual blockchains. After their NEO V3 smart contract update, this offering will be expanded to all compatible ERC-20 and NEP-5 tokens, including those that are not on the main Switcheo order books. Finally, cross-chain OTC trades will be enabled following the launch of atomic swap capabilities.
The company hopes that Switcheo OTC will become a useful tool for cryptocurrency owners that need to execute large trades off the main order books or need to execute peer-to-peer trades of tokens that are not listed on Switcheo’s markets.
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019