Forte, a provider of blockchain-based platform technology for the games industry, and Xpring, Ripple’s developer ecosystem initiative to develop infrastructure and collaborate with innovative blockchain projects, have formed a $100 million fund to support game developers.
The fund will operate alongside Forte’s platform technologies and include open-source solutions designed in collaboration with Ripple to speed-up the mainstream adoption of Blockchain technology in gaming, as it has the potential to improve game designs and help developers run better and more successful game economies. For many developers it has been difficult to develop and deploy this.
Forte’s platform makes it easy for developers to apply Blockchain technology to their games, increasing engagement and monetization with their players. The inaugural fund, managed by Forte, is primarily targeting game developers operating live game economies with over 50,000 daily active users and an interest in using Blockchain to unlock support for new game designs and drive business results.
“Blockchain technologies’ key innovations unlock vast potential for nearly all forms of digital interaction. Gaming is a $140 billion global industry driven predominantly by digital micro-transaction economies, which we believe will benefit immensely from the integrity and resilience of blockchain technology,” said Brett Seyler, Chief Platform Officer, Forte. “The industry needs solutions that can support these economies at scale with cross-chain interoperability.”
Forte’s technology stack includes components designed in close collaboration with Ripple, namely leveraging the open-source Interledger Protocol with XRP serving as a base pair settlement and the container-based hosting solution Codius supporting seamless transactions across blockchains. By focusing on cross-chain interoperability out of the gate, Forte is setting the foundation for long-term, sustained consumer adoption of blockchain technology. Forte’s platform components blend this supporting technology behind easy to integrate components for game developers.
The Forte team is comprised of game industry veterans that have built top grossing games globally and developed cutting edge game technology platforms. The founding team hails from industry leading game companies such as Kabam, Unity, and GarageGames.
Forte is actively funding game developers that meet its criteria. “We’re excited to connect with developers who are running live game economies with tens of thousands of daily active users or more and have an active interest in using blockchain technology to improve their business,” said Allen Ma, VP Partnerships, Forte.
“We are thrilled to partner with such a world class team of game industry veterans. Both Forte and Ripple have a shared belief that blockchain technology will have a massive impact on games, and that providing tools that are easy-to-use, chain agnostic and interoperable is a necessary step in driving scale consumer adoption,” said Ethan Beard, Senior Vice President of Ripple’s Xpring.
The history of the games industry is one of new business models and mass market adoption as technology platforms are invented. From specialty pay-per-play arcade machines, to retail boxed games with the advent of PCs and home consoles, to downloadable games with the advent of the internet, to free-to-play games with the advent of cloud technology and now billions of users with the advent of mobile free-to-play experiences, games have adapted innovative technology platforms and business models to grow from a $1B industry 30 years ago, to a $140B behemoth today. Blockchain technologies present the next vector of innovation and enables new business models and game economies.
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019
- PUBLIQ Named Finalist by UK Parliamentary Group for Blockchain Application in Media Category - March 20, 2019
- FashionTV Leaps into the World of Blockchain by Partnering up with Decentralized E-commerce Platform WAAM - March 20, 2019
- Kudelski Security Announces Partnership with Hosho To Secure Blockchain Ecosystems - March 19, 2019
- Blockchain Goes Hollywood is Expected to Attract Blockchain and Crypto Experts, Investors and Celebrities to Epic multi-day Event - March 19, 2019
- Blockmason and Bitsonic Announce Token Generation Event for BLINK, Link’s Utility Token - March 15, 2019
- DX Exchange and Perlin Network Bring Tokenized Apple and Facebook Stocks to Empower a vast new Population of Retail Investors on the Blockchain - March 15, 2019
- Forte And Xpring create $100 Million Fund To stimulate Mainstream Use Of Blockchain In Games - March 13, 2019
- Private Jet Instant Booking Platform Announces Security Token Offering (STO) - March 12, 2019
- Samsung SDS is announcing its plans to innovate in various fields with Blockchain and Intelligent Process Automation - March 12, 2019
- The Fourth Global ICO / STO Report tells us ICOs are Growing Less, but Growing Up - March 11, 2019
- Zilliqa joins Student Organisation at King’s College London to Launch Blockchain A-Z Workshops - March 9, 2019
- Alfa-Bank and the Marco Polo Network join to Optimize Trade Finance with Blockchain technology - March 7, 2019
- Insolar Launches Testnet 1.1 making it the most Scalable Enterprise Blockchain Platform - March 6, 2019
- New Decentralized Social Network Platform Creary rewards Creatives and curators for sharing Digital Art - March 6, 2019
- Tide protocol launches Open Source Data Marketplace to Make Privacy Profitable - March 5, 2019