Concordium, a Danish identity-validating, regulatorily compliant blockchain network, has announced that Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Secretary-General of NATO and former Prime Minister of Denmark, has joined as a Strategic Advisor.
Lars Seier Christensen, Chairman of Concordium, said:
“Given the enormous scope and far-reaching potential of the Concordium Network, it is essential for the Concordium Foundation to harness the knowledge of those with invaluable in-depth strategic expertise.”
“Anders will play a pivotal role in our global expansion plans to move into areas that require a blockchain solution for secure and private communications, as well as liaising with governmental departments that will benefit from its implementation. Our network will support tamper-proof voting systems to protect the institutions of civil society, which are fundamental to the functioning of democracy. With Anders’ guidance, Concordium is better equipped to become a globally trusted network for secure transactions, most notably by improving the integrity of the voting process,” Christensen continued.
Rasmussen served three terms as Prime Minister of Denmark from 2001 until 2009, and previously held several other high-profile positions in the Danish government, including Minister for Taxation and Minister for Economic Affairs. Following his tenure as Prime Minister, Rasmussen was elected as Secretary-General of NATO, where he served for five years before stepping down in 2014.
Rasmussen is also the Founder and CEO of Rasmussen Global, an international political consultancy dedicated to issues on democracy, transatlantic relations, security policy, economic development, and the European Union. In 2017, he founded the Alliance of Democracies, a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of democracy and free markets across the globe.
The Concordium Foundation’s goal is to make the Concordium Network the world’s first ubiquitous, standardized, easy-to-use, and fully compliant blockchain network, designed to provide both a solid store of value and the global backbone for keeping track of the world’s transactions. The Concordium Network features a protocol-layer identity-validating, mechanism, which will ensure that every user on the network is identified, and every transaction involves provenance tracking.
Rasmussen said: “We are only beginning to see the benefits that blockchain technology will bring to our societies, including in our democratic processes. Concordium’s blockchain-based voting solution offers a means of voting that is trustworthy, quick, and cost-effective. I am pleased to be working with Concordium to make sure that every vote is counted.”
For more information, visit https://www.concdordium.com/
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020