Concordium, a Danish identity-validating, regulatorily compliant blockchain network, has announced that Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Secretary-General of NATO and former Prime Minister of Denmark, has joined as a Strategic Advisor.
Lars Seier Christensen, Chairman of Concordium, said:
“Given the enormous scope and far-reaching potential of the Concordium Network, it is essential for the Concordium Foundation to harness the knowledge of those with invaluable in-depth strategic expertise.”
“Anders will play a pivotal role in our global expansion plans to move into areas that require a blockchain solution for secure and private communications, as well as liaising with governmental departments that will benefit from its implementation. Our network will support tamper-proof voting systems to protect the institutions of civil society, which are fundamental to the functioning of democracy. With Anders’ guidance, Concordium is better equipped to become a globally trusted network for secure transactions, most notably by improving the integrity of the voting process,” Christensen continued.
Rasmussen served three terms as Prime Minister of Denmark from 2001 until 2009, and previously held several other high-profile positions in the Danish government, including Minister for Taxation and Minister for Economic Affairs. Following his tenure as Prime Minister, Rasmussen was elected as Secretary-General of NATO, where he served for five years before stepping down in 2014.
Rasmussen is also the Founder and CEO of Rasmussen Global, an international political consultancy dedicated to issues on democracy, transatlantic relations, security policy, economic development, and the European Union. In 2017, he founded the Alliance of Democracies, a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of democracy and free markets across the globe.
The Concordium Foundation’s goal is to make the Concordium Network the world’s first ubiquitous, standardized, easy-to-use, and fully compliant blockchain network, designed to provide both a solid store of value and the global backbone for keeping track of the world’s transactions. The Concordium Network features a protocol-layer identity-validating, mechanism, which will ensure that every user on the network is identified, and every transaction involves provenance tracking.
Rasmussen said: “We are only beginning to see the benefits that blockchain technology will bring to our societies, including in our democratic processes. Concordium’s blockchain-based voting solution offers a means of voting that is trustworthy, quick, and cost-effective. I am pleased to be working with Concordium to make sure that every vote is counted.”
For more information, visit https://www.concdordium.com/
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019