MadLipz, a social entertainment app that allows users to easily express themselves using short-form video, announces that the integration of Kin cryptocurrency as a mechanism is now live in its mobile app. This is the result of a partnership with The Kin Foundation that was inked late last year.
MadLipz is part of a select group of design partners that the Kin Ecosystem squad works with to help develop user-centric in-app experiences.
Noa Kessler, Product Manager at Kin Ecosystem, said:
“We are really excited to partner with MadLipz because we see it as a perfect fit for the Kin Ecosystem. This is the first time that Kin has been integrated into the onboarding experience, making it an integral part of the app, that helps creators deepen their engagement with the community, and users to fairly reward creators for their favorite content.”
“Gamification is a natural next step in developing our social platform and encouraging content creation by empowering the creative members of our community,” says Amir Alikhanzadeh, Co-Founder and CEO of Madlipz. “With Kin, users can now show support to other users beyond simply giving likes and posting comments.”
MadLipz first launched as a creation tool in 2016. Social features were added in 2018. The app has 40 million users from over 100 countries, creating in over 80 languages. Videos created with the MadLipz app are called lipz and are limited to fifteen seconds. They are often funny and easy to share. Lipz have gone viral in the past and been shared on social media by well-known celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg and David Beckham. Sixty million lipz have been created in the app and approximately 200,000 lipz are created daily.
“This Kin partnership is only the beginning. Expect more partners to be announced,” the CEO ended.
In other news, Freewallet said in a recent blog post that it’s KIN-friendly now and has just announced full support for Kin coin (KIN), which has recently migrated to its own blockchain. Freewallet props up the Kin swap and adds the coin to its flagship wallet, Freewallet: Crypto Wallet, available on Android, iOS, and web.
Freewallet is one of three wallets that instantly supported Kin’s transition to its own blockchain, based on a special fork from Stellar’s network. After swapping their ERC20 token to a new coin, hodlers can easily deposit, store, and withdraw the new Kin coin within Freewallet.
Solomon Brown, Freewallet’s head of PR, stated:
“Kin is an example of the perfect development of the utility token. What started as an in-app tool to be exchanged for goods, stickers, and different services within the Kik ecosystem, has become an actual cryptocurrency after the launch of its own mainnet. We always aim high when it comes to supporting new cryptocurrencies. We were ahead of the game with the Tron swap last summer, and now we are one of the three wallets that instantly supported the Kin transition”.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019