MadLipz, a social entertainment app that allows users to easily express themselves using short-form video, announces that the integration of Kin cryptocurrency as a mechanism is now live in its mobile app. This is the result of a partnership with The Kin Foundation that was inked late last year.
MadLipz is part of a select group of design partners that the Kin Ecosystem squad works with to help develop user-centric in-app experiences.
Noa Kessler, Product Manager at Kin Ecosystem, said:
“We are really excited to partner with MadLipz because we see it as a perfect fit for the Kin Ecosystem. This is the first time that Kin has been integrated into the onboarding experience, making it an integral part of the app, that helps creators deepen their engagement with the community, and users to fairly reward creators for their favorite content.”
“Gamification is a natural next step in developing our social platform and encouraging content creation by empowering the creative members of our community,” says Amir Alikhanzadeh, Co-Founder and CEO of Madlipz. “With Kin, users can now show support to other users beyond simply giving likes and posting comments.”
MadLipz first launched as a creation tool in 2016. Social features were added in 2018. The app has 40 million users from over 100 countries, creating in over 80 languages. Videos created with the MadLipz app are called lipz and are limited to fifteen seconds. They are often funny and easy to share. Lipz have gone viral in the past and been shared on social media by well-known celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg and David Beckham. Sixty million lipz have been created in the app and approximately 200,000 lipz are created daily.
“This Kin partnership is only the beginning. Expect more partners to be announced,” the CEO ended.
In other news, Freewallet said in a recent blog post that it’s KIN-friendly now and has just announced full support for Kin coin (KIN), which has recently migrated to its own blockchain. Freewallet props up the Kin swap and adds the coin to its flagship wallet, Freewallet: Crypto Wallet, available on Android, iOS, and web.
Freewallet is one of three wallets that instantly supported Kin’s transition to its own blockchain, based on a special fork from Stellar’s network. After swapping their ERC20 token to a new coin, hodlers can easily deposit, store, and withdraw the new Kin coin within Freewallet.
Solomon Brown, Freewallet’s head of PR, stated:
“Kin is an example of the perfect development of the utility token. What started as an in-app tool to be exchanged for goods, stickers, and different services within the Kik ecosystem, has become an actual cryptocurrency after the launch of its own mainnet. We always aim high when it comes to supporting new cryptocurrencies. We were ahead of the game with the Tron swap last summer, and now we are one of the three wallets that instantly supported the Kin transition”.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019