Free Talk Live, a syndicated, issues-oriented radio program bringing diverse viewpoints on air, is reaching across the ocean to help children in a small Ugandan village to learn, grow and sustain themselves by growing crops and raising animals, with the help of cryptocurrency donations of thousands of listeners.
Free Talk Live Free Talk Live, the 27th most important talk show in America, is a next-generation radio program, that anyone can take control of by simply participating in it. The talk show has an open phones panel discussion with a variety of hosts including Mark Edge. FTL airs live, seven nights a week from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET on nearly 200 radio stations. Show topic suggestions are actively solicited and voted on by users.
So far, a growing supportive listening base, along with matching contributors such as Cell411, Bitcoin.com, and Shire Free Church, has raised over $45,000 to construct the orphanage and another $35,000 to purchase farm land to help the orphanage become self-sustaining by growing crops and raising animals. Listeners are able to share in this amazing project by donating their choice of cryptocurrency to help fund the project through FTL’s cryptocurrency tip jar.
“All I want here is for young people to have the opportunity to build a better life for themselves,” said Edge, who has been working in radio since 1999.
“Education is important. You can’t have human freedom without humans and these kids need food. This is a way for these kids to get it … this is a better plan. Give them a fishing rod and let them catch their own fish.” He added.
Edge first learned of The Foundation of Hope Uganda from a chance encounter on Facebook when one of the Foundation’s ministers, Ndifuna Johnson, contacted him about helping to build an orphanage. After communicating with Johnson online for several months, asking a friend who was going to be in Uganda to check out the Foundation, and enlisting the help of a local preacher, Kamua Saul, Edge said he was sold on becoming part of the worthwhile project.
Edge says: “I was willing to begin fundraising for a building once he showed they were committed,” referring to the thousands of clay bricks that Saul and others made in anticipation of the project.
“They did it piece by piece, first the foundation, walls, second floor … bit by bit, over time. It looks great and can fit 40 kids. It also functions as a sort of community center for all the children in the village. The Foundation is now in the process of securing a piece of land with funding provided by Free Talk Live donors and sponsors”. Edge added.
Edge and FTL continue to support the Foundation along with its ministers, Ndifuna Johnson and Kamau Saul, in their quest to make lives better in Uganda.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019