Insolar, enterprise-grade Blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies, has been accepted into the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA). BiTA is an organization which aims to drive standards and enable Blockchain adoption. Its members are in the field of transportation, logistics, supply chain, freight, technology, and Blockchain.
Other BiTA members include shipping industry giants such as Daimler, FedEx, UPS and Panalpina, in addition to other leading global tech firms that provide systems and IT for supply chains, such as Microsoft, SAP and Google.
Insolar CEO, Andrey Zhulin was delighted with the company’s acceptance into the alliance. She said:
“We are proud to be welcomed into the Blockchain in Transport Alliance, which is populated by some of the biggest names in IT, supply chain, and logistics. At Insolar, we believe we can make a valuable contribution, not only in terms of the technology that we are developing but with the vision that we have for the Blockchain arena as a whole.”
Some of the projects associated with BiTA include the supply-chain-as-a-service platform, bill of lading via Blockchain, and Blockchain-based biofuel supply chain tracking for the maritime industry, in addition to the creation of standards for shipment tracking using Blockchain.
Insolar will enter the Alliance to head a working group on data regulation in Blockchain, while also forming strong partnerships with other members, whose combined revenue exceeds USD$1 trillion annually. The alliance brings together the most influential leaders in transportation, finance, and technology with the aim of building the first set of transportation industry-specific Blockchain standards and promoting what it terms as the most transformative technology since the internet.
“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Insolar to the Blockchain in Transport Alliance. The deep Blockchain expertise, in addition to specific supply chain use cases for distributed ledger tech that Insolar brings to the table, will advance BiTA’s mission of creating solid standards and furthering Blockchain adoption throughout the transportation and logistics industries.” Said BiTA President, Chris Burruss.
BiTA is creating standards with the intention of creating a common framework that can assist industry participants with their organization’s decision to develop and adopt Blockchain-based technologies. Members of the alliance are creating a forum to develop a dialogue around Blockchain in transportation.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019