Insolar, enterprise-grade Blockchain platform that uses distributed trust to enable seamless interactions between companies, has been accepted into the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA). BiTA is an organization which aims to drive standards and enable Blockchain adoption. Its members are in the field of transportation, logistics, supply chain, freight, technology, and Blockchain.
Other BiTA members include shipping industry giants such as Daimler, FedEx, UPS and Panalpina, in addition to other leading global tech firms that provide systems and IT for supply chains, such as Microsoft, SAP and Google.
Insolar CEO, Andrey Zhulin was delighted with the company’s acceptance into the alliance. She said:
“We are proud to be welcomed into the Blockchain in Transport Alliance, which is populated by some of the biggest names in IT, supply chain, and logistics. At Insolar, we believe we can make a valuable contribution, not only in terms of the technology that we are developing but with the vision that we have for the Blockchain arena as a whole.”
Some of the projects associated with BiTA include the supply-chain-as-a-service platform, bill of lading via Blockchain, and Blockchain-based biofuel supply chain tracking for the maritime industry, in addition to the creation of standards for shipment tracking using Blockchain.
Insolar will enter the Alliance to head a working group on data regulation in Blockchain, while also forming strong partnerships with other members, whose combined revenue exceeds USD$1 trillion annually. The alliance brings together the most influential leaders in transportation, finance, and technology with the aim of building the first set of transportation industry-specific Blockchain standards and promoting what it terms as the most transformative technology since the internet.
“I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Insolar to the Blockchain in Transport Alliance. The deep Blockchain expertise, in addition to specific supply chain use cases for distributed ledger tech that Insolar brings to the table, will advance BiTA’s mission of creating solid standards and furthering Blockchain adoption throughout the transportation and logistics industries.” Said BiTA President, Chris Burruss.
BiTA is creating standards with the intention of creating a common framework that can assist industry participants with their organization’s decision to develop and adopt Blockchain-based technologies. Members of the alliance are creating a forum to develop a dialogue around Blockchain in transportation.
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019
- Blockchain Becoming the Revolutionary Technology Guaranteeing High level of Privacy and Security in Emerging Markets - May 8, 2019
- With Hoard, Video Game Developers Will Now Have the Ability to Seamlessly Integrate Games with Ethereum - May 1, 2019
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019