Norwegian company Opera is releasing the first major computer browser which will include a native crypto Wallet and Web 3 explorer. With the new browser the company is seeking to improve the quality of people’s digital lives through increased privacy and security features, as well as a new design of its interface. The new feature, called the Reborn 3, lets people make transactions and interact with the Blockchain-based internet of the future, also known as Web 3.
What is Web 3?
Web 3 is the internet of the future. But can’t be defined to just one of several converging technologies and trends, as there are so many.
One thing we know for certain, it will include cryptocurrencies, Blockchains, and other products of cryptoeconomic design. It’s supposed to encompass any technology that helps reform the centralized internet and lets users take back control over their digital lives.
Krystian Kolondra, EVP at Opera, Head of Browsers, said:
“Blockchain technologies bring the power and control back to the people, they can securely sign transactions and identify themselves to websites, without unnecessarily oversharing their data.”‘
“The web has transformed our lives. We are now continuously online. But the more time we spend online, the more we need tools that help us control the security and privacy of our digital lives. With this Major upgrade, we are taking the first step into Web 3, the new Web, where users are in control. We believe every browser in 2019 should be Web-3 ready.” He added.
Sign transactions with your smartphone
The crypto Wallet in the Opera computer browser syncs with the crypto Wallet in the Opera browser for Android. This means wallet keys never leave the users’ smartphones. In practice, whenever they need to identify themselves to a Web 3 website or sign a transaction on the Blockchain, users get a notification on their smartphone. They can confirm it in the same way they unlock their system, using, for example, facial recognition or their fingerprint.
Krystian Kolondra says:
“Blockchain technology has evolved from just storing funds or speculation into a technology which will shape the Internet of tomorrow. We decided to speed up the development of Web 3 by opening all our browsers across all operating systems to it. This makes Opera the first major browser developer to do so.”
The Crypto Wallet feature is planned to also be added to Opera’s iOS browser, Opera Touch, soon.
A faster VPN service for more security and privacy
The demand for VPN services keeps growing. Currently, one-third of VPN users around the globe use this solution with the intent to stay anonymous on the Web. Opera is the only browser maker to provide a fast and free browser VPN.
The unlimited browser VPN enhances users’ online privacy and improves their security when using public networks they don’t trust.
The browser VPN establishes a secure, encrypted tunnel which protects users’ data from third parties and hides their geographical location from websites. The browser VPN service is also a no-log service, which means that the VPN servers do not log and retain any activity data, all to protect users privacy.
- ConsenSys and WWF Panda Labs Team up on Project Impactio To Drive and Fund Social Innovation - October 2, 2019
- Codebase focusing Investments on Cannabis sector and Blockchain Ventures - July 28, 2019
- Canadian City Council Enters Agreement with Coinberry to Accept Bitcoin for Tax Payments - July 19, 2019
- BitPay Processed More Than $37 Million in Bitcoin Donations Since 2017 - June 24, 2019
- Generous Donation of $120,000 in Bitcoin by Anonymous Donor Very Well Received by Bitcoin.org - May 30, 2019
- ARK Launches the ARK Deployer, an Open Source Tool to Create a Blockchain in 3 Simple Steps - May 28, 2019
- Bitbond, a Global Lending Platform, Launches STO to Support Small Businesses in Asia with Loans - May 28, 2019
- Famous Swiss Watchmaker, Franck Muller Launches the World’s First Bitcoin Watch - May 25, 2019
- Facebook’s GlobalCoin Allegedly to be introduced in 2020 - May 24, 2019
- Mobile Carrier AT&T to Accept Online Payment Options in Cryptocurrency with BitPay - May 24, 2019
- Consumers Can Now Buy Bitcoin with Cash at 2,200 Coinstar Kiosks Located Inside Grocery Stores - May 24, 2019
- Visa Token Service Acquired by Eleven New Partners for Enhanced Consumer Confidence in the E-Commerce Space - May 23, 2019
- Voyager Announces Integration of Ledger Vault’s Asset Management System into its Crypto Trading Platform - May 22, 2019
- VeganNation Welcomes Game of Thrones Actor Jerome Flynn to its Advisory Board to Unite the Vegan Community - May 21, 2019
- Huobi Honors Bitcoin Pizza Day by Selling Bitcoin 50% off Market Price & Prime 3 Launch - May 18, 2019
- Dutch Multi City Blockchain Week to be First of its Kind with Events Hosted All Over the Country - May 17, 2019
- Partnership between Travala.com and Bitcoin.com Empowers Travelers to Save on Hotel Stays and Pay Directly with Leading Cryptocurrencies - May 16, 2019
- Q2 Holdings Announces the Launch of Q2 TrustView, a new Governance and Protection Technology for Banking and Lending - May 15, 2019
- First Security Token Blockchain called Polymesh announced by Polymath at Consensus New York 2019 - May 14, 2019
- Facebook lifts Crypto Ad Ban, One Year after the Social Media Giant Banned all Ads Related to Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies - May 9, 2019