Norwegian company Opera is releasing the first major computer browser which will include a native crypto Wallet and Web 3 explorer. With the new browser the company is seeking to improve the quality of people’s digital lives through increased privacy and security features, as well as a new design of its interface. The new feature, called the Reborn 3, lets people make transactions and interact with the Blockchain-based internet of the future, also known as Web 3.
What is Web 3?
Web 3 is the internet of the future. But can’t be defined to just one of several converging technologies and trends, as there are so many.
One thing we know for certain, it will include cryptocurrencies, Blockchains, and other products of cryptoeconomic design. It’s supposed to encompass any technology that helps reform the centralized internet and lets users take back control over their digital lives.
Krystian Kolondra, EVP at Opera, Head of Browsers, said:
“Blockchain technologies bring the power and control back to the people, they can securely sign transactions and identify themselves to websites, without unnecessarily oversharing their data.”‘
“The web has transformed our lives. We are now continuously online. But the more time we spend online, the more we need tools that help us control the security and privacy of our digital lives. With this Major upgrade, we are taking the first step into Web 3, the new Web, where users are in control. We believe every browser in 2019 should be Web-3 ready.” He added.
Sign transactions with your smartphone
The crypto Wallet in the Opera computer browser syncs with the crypto Wallet in the Opera browser for Android. This means wallet keys never leave the users’ smartphones. In practice, whenever they need to identify themselves to a Web 3 website or sign a transaction on the Blockchain, users get a notification on their smartphone. They can confirm it in the same way they unlock their system, using, for example, facial recognition or their fingerprint.
Krystian Kolondra says:
“Blockchain technology has evolved from just storing funds or speculation into a technology which will shape the Internet of tomorrow. We decided to speed up the development of Web 3 by opening all our browsers across all operating systems to it. This makes Opera the first major browser developer to do so.”
The Crypto Wallet feature is planned to also be added to Opera’s iOS browser, Opera Touch, soon.
A faster VPN service for more security and privacy
The demand for VPN services keeps growing. Currently, one-third of VPN users around the globe use this solution with the intent to stay anonymous on the Web. Opera is the only browser maker to provide a fast and free browser VPN.
The unlimited browser VPN enhances users’ online privacy and improves their security when using public networks they don’t trust.
The browser VPN establishes a secure, encrypted tunnel which protects users’ data from third parties and hides their geographical location from websites. The browser VPN service is also a no-log service, which means that the VPN servers do not log and retain any activity data, all to protect users privacy.
- ShelterZoom Creates Contract and Transaction Management Platform Marking New Contract Evolution on Blockchain - April 19, 2019
- Samsung SDS and Tech Mahindra Join to Explore Global Blockchain Market using Samsung’s Nexledger Platform - April 15, 2019
- Kudelski Security Partners with BTblock, fusing Blockchain Consulting with Technology for better Cybersecurity and Design - April 14, 2019
- Albertsons Companies is Joining Blockchain-based IBM Food Trust Network to Pilot Technology to Increase food Transparency - April 11, 2019
- Opera Announces Brand New Browser for Mac, Windows and Linux with Crypto Wallet, Web 3 Explorer and a free VPN - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Platform Insolar Accepted into BiTA, Advancing its Mission of Furthering Blockchain Adoption - April 9, 2019
- Blockchain Technology Expected to Grow 66.4% in next 5 Years According to MRFR Research Findings - April 8, 2019
- Japanese Trading Platform Liquid Achieves Unicorn Status through Investments from IDG Capital and Bitmain Technologies - April 8, 2019
- 105 Organizations Announce Commitment to New Blockchain Association INATBA Created by the European Union - April 6, 2019
- Start Up Energy Transition (SET) names Blockchain Company Insolar amongst Top 100 Tech Innovators - April 4, 2019
- Bitwise Asset Management report Claims 95% of Bitcoin Trading Volumes are Fake, Overstating True Size of the Market - March 30, 2019
- Flipside Crypto’s Release of the FCAS25 Mechanism Shows Health of Crypto Industry has been on the Rise through 2018/19. - March 29, 2019
- Digix is launching DigixDao Platform, Joining Ranks of Pioneering Decentralised Autonomous Organisations in Singapore - March 28, 2019
- Quedex on Brink of Becoming World’s First Regulated Crypto-Centric Futures and Options Exchange, after in-principle Decision from GFSC - March 27, 2019
- Ugandan Orphanage able to Sustain Itself through Cryptocurrency Donations from Listeners of National Radio Show - March 26, 2019
- Blockchain-based Entertainment Platform ‘Blue Baikal’ opens Pre-Registration Event Connecting Producers, Influencers and Consumers - March 26, 2019
- French Crypto-Friendly Pacte Law Passes Second Reading in National Assembly, Senate Next - March 25, 2019
- Bamboo Capital Partners, Government of Togo and Moeda Seeds Bank Join to Launch the Bloc fund to Consolidate Social Development - March 25, 2019
- Western Union Joins Stellar Partner Thunes to Use Blockchain to Speed Up Transfers - March 25, 2019
- Dragonchain Announces Partnership with Humanitarian Organization M2030, Facilitating Donation Processes with Blockchain to Fight Malaria - March 21, 2019