Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange, Gate.io – a veteran blockchain assets exchange platform, established in 2013 – has stated that the Gate.io POINT sale and GT reward distribution for the second day has been completed successfully with over USD 440 million worth of orders placed during the sale.
The planned two weeks sale sold out in two days.
In the top 50 at Coinmarketcap for adjusted volume rankings, Gatechain is a public blockchain that will be supported by the GT token.
The team writes:
“Our news has drawn much attention, with more people getting to know our principles, achievements, and vision of the blockchain industry. We are beyond excited to share that after the release of the announcement, the amount of our web visits has tripled, the number of daily new registered accounts has increased by 10 times, and the spot trading and contract trading volume has soared to 400 million USD.”
Gate.io will distribute 300 million Gatechain Tokens to its users over the next year. Gate.io will provide technical and financial support for GT to the main online trading platform as a mainnet asset. With future projects, Gate.io will support these to release project Tokens on the Gatechain mainnet.
GT distribution started with a 2-week sales period on April 8th, with GT being distributed for each Gate Point (which are pre-paid trading fees) purchased. Each day during these 2 weeks, users will be able to apply purchase Gate Points during a 2-hour period (UTC 4:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.). GT and GP are then awarded on a fair basis to all of those who applied.
It’s apparently already sold out.
Commenting on the GT distribution, Marie Tatibouet, Chief Marketing Officer at Gate.io said yesterday:
“In just one day, we’ve had over $388 million worth of orders placed. Due to the distribution limit, we were not able to fulfill all the demand – we encourage users to come back to the platform and try again.”
Users in the United States, Canada, Japan and other restricted countries (unnamed?) were not able to participate in the purchase.
Two months ago, Gate.io was hacked and 54,200 ETC ( USD$329,536 today) was stolen.
Gate.io New Features:
Spot Trading on Gate.io (200+ tokens):https://www.gate.io/trade/BTC_USDT
Margin Trading on Gate.io (Long or Short):https://www.gate.io/margin_trade/BTC_USDT
Perpetual Contract Trading:https://www.gate.io/futures_trade/BTC_USD
Lending on Gate.io (secure and stable, high annual return):https://www.gate.io/margin/lend/USDT
C2C Trading on Gate.io:https://www.gate.io/c2c/usdt_cny
Download Gate.io APP:https://www.gate.io/mobileapp
Download Wallet.io (ALL in ONE):https://www.wallet.io/
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019