Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange, Gate.io – a veteran blockchain assets exchange platform, established in 2013 – has stated that the Gate.io POINT sale and GT reward distribution for the second day has been completed successfully with over USD 440 million worth of orders placed during the sale.
The planned two weeks sale sold out in two days.
In the top 50 at Coinmarketcap for adjusted volume rankings, Gatechain is a public blockchain that will be supported by the GT token.
The team writes:
“Our news has drawn much attention, with more people getting to know our principles, achievements, and vision of the blockchain industry. We are beyond excited to share that after the release of the announcement, the amount of our web visits has tripled, the number of daily new registered accounts has increased by 10 times, and the spot trading and contract trading volume has soared to 400 million USD.”
Gate.io will distribute 300 million Gatechain Tokens to its users over the next year. Gate.io will provide technical and financial support for GT to the main online trading platform as a mainnet asset. With future projects, Gate.io will support these to release project Tokens on the Gatechain mainnet.
GT distribution started with a 2-week sales period on April 8th, with GT being distributed for each Gate Point (which are pre-paid trading fees) purchased. Each day during these 2 weeks, users will be able to apply purchase Gate Points during a 2-hour period (UTC 4:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.). GT and GP are then awarded on a fair basis to all of those who applied.
It’s apparently already sold out.
Commenting on the GT distribution, Marie Tatibouet, Chief Marketing Officer at Gate.io said yesterday:
“In just one day, we’ve had over $388 million worth of orders placed. Due to the distribution limit, we were not able to fulfill all the demand – we encourage users to come back to the platform and try again.”
Users in the United States, Canada, Japan and other restricted countries (unnamed?) were not able to participate in the purchase.
Two months ago, Gate.io was hacked and 54,200 ETC ( USD$329,536 today) was stolen.
Gate.io New Features:
Spot Trading on Gate.io (200+ tokens):https://www.gate.io/trade/BTC_USDT
Margin Trading on Gate.io (Long or Short):https://www.gate.io/margin_trade/BTC_USDT
Perpetual Contract Trading:https://www.gate.io/futures_trade/BTC_USD
Lending on Gate.io (secure and stable, high annual return):https://www.gate.io/margin/lend/USDT
C2C Trading on Gate.io:https://www.gate.io/c2c/usdt_cny
Download Gate.io APP:https://www.gate.io/mobileapp
Download Wallet.io (ALL in ONE):https://www.wallet.io/
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019