Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange, Gate.io – a veteran blockchain assets exchange platform, established in 2013 – has stated that the Gate.io POINT sale and GT reward distribution for the second day has been completed successfully with over USD 440 million worth of orders placed during the sale.
The planned two weeks sale sold out in two days.
In the top 50 at Coinmarketcap for adjusted volume rankings, Gatechain is a public blockchain that will be supported by the GT token.
The team writes:
“Our news has drawn much attention, with more people getting to know our principles, achievements, and vision of the blockchain industry. We are beyond excited to share that after the release of the announcement, the amount of our web visits has tripled, the number of daily new registered accounts has increased by 10 times, and the spot trading and contract trading volume has soared to 400 million USD.”
Gate.io will distribute 300 million Gatechain Tokens to its users over the next year. Gate.io will provide technical and financial support for GT to the main online trading platform as a mainnet asset. With future projects, Gate.io will support these to release project Tokens on the Gatechain mainnet.
GT distribution started with a 2-week sales period on April 8th, with GT being distributed for each Gate Point (which are pre-paid trading fees) purchased. Each day during these 2 weeks, users will be able to apply purchase Gate Points during a 2-hour period (UTC 4:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.). GT and GP are then awarded on a fair basis to all of those who applied.
It’s apparently already sold out.
Commenting on the GT distribution, Marie Tatibouet, Chief Marketing Officer at Gate.io said yesterday:
“In just one day, we’ve had over $388 million worth of orders placed. Due to the distribution limit, we were not able to fulfill all the demand – we encourage users to come back to the platform and try again.”
Users in the United States, Canada, Japan and other restricted countries (unnamed?) were not able to participate in the purchase.
Two months ago, Gate.io was hacked and 54,200 ETC ( USD$329,536 today) was stolen.
Gate.io New Features:
Spot Trading on Gate.io (200+ tokens):https://www.gate.io/trade/BTC_USDT
Margin Trading on Gate.io (Long or Short):https://www.gate.io/margin_trade/BTC_USDT
Perpetual Contract Trading:https://www.gate.io/futures_trade/BTC_USD
Lending on Gate.io (secure and stable, high annual return):https://www.gate.io/margin/lend/USDT
C2C Trading on Gate.io:https://www.gate.io/c2c/usdt_cny
Download Gate.io APP:https://www.gate.io/mobileapp
Download Wallet.io (ALL in ONE):https://www.wallet.io/
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019