Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange, Gate.io – a veteran blockchain assets exchange platform, established in 2013 – has stated that the Gate.io POINT sale and GT reward distribution for the second day has been completed successfully with over USD 440 million worth of orders placed during the sale.
The planned two weeks sale sold out in two days.
In the top 50 at Coinmarketcap for adjusted volume rankings, Gatechain is a public blockchain that will be supported by the GT token.
The team writes:
“Our news has drawn much attention, with more people getting to know our principles, achievements, and vision of the blockchain industry. We are beyond excited to share that after the release of the announcement, the amount of our web visits has tripled, the number of daily new registered accounts has increased by 10 times, and the spot trading and contract trading volume has soared to 400 million USD.”
Gate.io will distribute 300 million Gatechain Tokens to its users over the next year. Gate.io will provide technical and financial support for GT to the main online trading platform as a mainnet asset. With future projects, Gate.io will support these to release project Tokens on the Gatechain mainnet.
GT distribution started with a 2-week sales period on April 8th, with GT being distributed for each Gate Point (which are pre-paid trading fees) purchased. Each day during these 2 weeks, users will be able to apply purchase Gate Points during a 2-hour period (UTC 4:00 A.M. – 6:00 A.M.). GT and GP are then awarded on a fair basis to all of those who applied.
It’s apparently already sold out.
Commenting on the GT distribution, Marie Tatibouet, Chief Marketing Officer at Gate.io said yesterday:
“In just one day, we’ve had over $388 million worth of orders placed. Due to the distribution limit, we were not able to fulfill all the demand – we encourage users to come back to the platform and try again.”
Users in the United States, Canada, Japan and other restricted countries (unnamed?) were not able to participate in the purchase.
Two months ago, Gate.io was hacked and 54,200 ETC ( USD$329,536 today) was stolen.
Gate.io New Features:
Spot Trading on Gate.io (200+ tokens):https://www.gate.io/trade/BTC_USDT
Margin Trading on Gate.io (Long or Short):https://www.gate.io/margin_trade/BTC_USDT
Perpetual Contract Trading:https://www.gate.io/futures_trade/BTC_USD
Lending on Gate.io (secure and stable, high annual return):https://www.gate.io/margin/lend/USDT
C2C Trading on Gate.io:https://www.gate.io/c2c/usdt_cny
Download Gate.io APP:https://www.gate.io/mobileapp
Download Wallet.io (ALL in ONE):https://www.wallet.io/
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019