The Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) is ready to list security tokens also known as ‘digital’, ‘smart’ or ‘tokenised’ securities becoming one of the world’s first stock exchanges to offer the listing services of digital debt securities and digital funds. The GSX will list corporate Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Asset-Backed Securities, Derivative Securities, Open-Ended Funds, Closed-Ended Funds under its current licensing permissions, on the GSX Global Market.
This is the beginning of the much-anticipated wave of secondary markets for security tokens much needed for creating liquidity for the many Security Token Offerings (STOs) that have taken place in 2018 and 2019.
Nick Cowan, CEO of the GSX Group, commented on the announcement, stating:
“This is a historic moment for GSX, we have worked incredibly hard to reach this point, and we are now at the precipice of a truly transformational period for the capital markets. We now have an unparalleled opportunity for the GSX to become a frontrunner in the emerging digital securities market. We’re pioneering meaningful change, for the betterment of the global financial industry, we have come so far already, and this is only just the beginning.”
A New Era of Blockchain Powered Finance
Since the inception of the regulated and insured Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (GBX), the GSX has always maintained its position to be one of the first traditional stock exchange’s to break into the innovative prospects of blockchain technology.
As part of a phased approach in 2017, the GSX began working towards the aim of being a DLT enabled exchange for conventional securities, recognising the tremendous potential presented by the nascent technology. Following the recent successful deployment of the ‘GSX Prototype demo bond’, using the STACS Network, (created by Hashstacs Inc, a GSX Group joint venture), the GSX will offer companies the unique opportunity to list digital representations of funds and debt on the blockchain.
The GSX, applying DLT, will be able to open up greater liquidity pools, making illiquid assets more accessible, and set the foundations to democratise the capital markets, that have gone largely unchanged in technology for decades. With the STACS Network, the legacy systems of T+3 will become significantly reduced, with an immutable ledger for greater transparency, fully auditable smart contracts, regulatory oversight, efficient settlement, and high efficiency, low-cost opportunities for issuers.
GSX Global Market is a practical listing venue option for issuers offering reduced timelines and listing costs, with lighter reporting and disclosure framework than the GSX Main Market. A major benefit for debt issuers with securities listed on the GSX Global Market is that they are not obliged to withhold tax on coupons under UK law. This is because the GSX Global Market is operated by a recognised stock exchange (the GSX Main Market) regulated in an EEA territory.
A New Listing Paradigm
Through STACS Network, via smart contracts, the GSX will have the ability to launch digital debt securities and fund listings, which can track selling reports, enable parameters on eligibility and selling restrictions, and program the distribution of payments, coupons or dividends. The global interoperability of the STACS Network, combined with the institutional-grade best practices by an EU based regulated exchange will empower issuers and offers greater opportunities of adoption to redefine the current capital markets model.
GSX: Part of a Fintech Ecosystem
As part of the GSX Group ecosystem, the GSX is perfectly placed to provide issuers with a ‘one stop shop solution’ in digital securities listing. Through Hashstacs Inc., issuers can gain access to all the benefits of DLT, without the need for extensive in-house developer costs, the GSX does the ‘heavy lifting’ with programming services of smart contract customisations for issuers, and enterprise wallet custody solutions. The GSX Group also boasts an experienced fund administrator in digital assets, with incorporation services, further providing opportunities for issuers.
If you have the ambition to become a GSX member firm or a potential issuer aiming to utilise blockchain-based digital securities on a regulated stock exchange, please provide your credentials and deal specifics, visit HERE.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019