Founded by two Russian brothers, Pavel and Nikolai Durov, Telegram’s Telegram Open Network (TON), has entered into a partnership with Germany’s Wirecard to team up and work on a single platform for digital financial, payment and banking services. TON raised some USD$1.7 Billion in an ICO in 2018, and is the planned cryptocurrency for Telegram.
Telegram, with its 200,000,000 active monthly users, is a popular messaging system with the crypto and blockchain communities – not surprisingly, with its 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption and Diffie–Hellman key exchange.
This follows news of other messaging services such as Facebook’s Whatsapp, Kik and social media sites such as VK in Russia also toying with the idea of tokenizing their ecosystems.
Georg von Waldenfels, Wirecard’s Executive Vice President, Group Business Development, says:
“We are excited to partner with TON Labs, whose extensive experience in highly scalable technologies and distributed solutions, as well as the strong global growth of the Telegram Messenger, will be critical to success our common program. “
Alexander Filatov, managing partner at TON Labs, added:
“The addition of TON Blockchain to Telegram’s growing ecosystem opens up new opportunities for business and technological innovation, and we are looking forward to working with one of the world’s most dynamic and innovative financial technology companies to create synergistic ones To bring next-generation fintech solutions to the market. “
TON Labs say they have the technology, expertise and experience to develop scalable, distributed solutions and offer innovative payment, banking and other financial services technologies as well as a centralized blockchain infrastructure. The team is working on an infrastructure where new projects can be added to the Telegram Open Network platform, which then benefits from the broad Telegram user base.
Wirecard brings to the partnership its extensive experience in developing innovative digital financial services for consumers and dealers worldwide, and bundling of this expertise forms the basis for new joint products and services within the large, globally growing ecosystem of TON and Telegram.
The new partners will gradually announce the launch of products and, in due course, provide further details on the availability of services.
Wirecard (GER: WDI) is one of the world’s fastest-growing digital platforms for financial commerce. We offer both business customers and consumers a growing ecosystem of real-time value-added services around innovative digital payments through an integrated B2B2C approach. This ecosystem focuses on Payment & Risk, Retail & Transaction Banking, Loyalty & Couponing, Data Analytics & Conversion Rate Enhancement solutions across all distribution channels (Online, Mobile, ePOS). Wirecard operates regulated financial institutions in several key markets and holds licenses from all major payment and card networks. Wirecard AG is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (DAX and TecDAX, ISIN DE0007472060). visit us on www.wirecard.de , follow us on Twitter @wirecard and on Facebook @wirecardgroup.
TON Labs is a central infrastructure and ecosystem developer for TON (Telegram Open Network). The secure and soon to be accessible TON.Dev and TON.Space environments will provide a TON full-node implementation, a versatile toolchain and a state-of-the-art SDK, as well as novel ways for users to interact with fintech services. This allows the developer community to create, deploy, distribute and manage TON chains for consumer and enterprise applications. The Telegram Open Network (TON) is a fast, secure and scalable blockchain and network platform with smart contracts, expandable formal blockchain specifications, support for micropayment channels and off-chain payment networks.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019