In yet another strange twist to the Bitfinex saga last week, Bitcoin investor Dong Zhao leaked an official Bitfinex document laying out hard proof of their upcoming token sale and LEO token.
Bitfinex Official document about the LEO token pic.twitter.com/YR5FdS4iUY
— Dong Zhao (@zhaodong1982) May 4, 2019
Dovey Wan kicked off with a rumour last week on Twitter.
BREAKING and WTF 🤯🤯🤯🤯
Bitfinex is planning on a exchange token sale + IEO… plan to raise $1B in $USDT….
This is really a WTF situation 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️
— Dovey Wan 🗝 🦖 (@DoveyWan) April 29, 2019
Bitfinex, based in the British Virgin Islands is currently being investigated by regulators and having problems due to its association with Tether. As reported in Blockchain News last week, NY Attorney General Letitia James, stated that iFinex, the holding company of both Tether and Bitfinex, may be participating in “ongoing activities that may have defrauded” cryptocurrency investors. A 23-page document signed by Brian Whitehurst, the Assistant Attorney General, rolled out more incriminating accusations.
According to investigators, Bitfinex currently is missing about $850 million thanks to their relationship with a dodgy Panama-based payment processing company called Crypto Capital who allegedly have funds frozen by governmental regulators in Poland, Portugal, and the United States.
It appears that Bitfinex is looking to hedge against not recovering the funds from Crypto Capital by doing a massive token sale and joining the Huobi and Binance tokenized exchange club.
The exchange has not made any official statement so far but apparently, according to Coindesk, On May 4, Renrenbit, a crypto-lending application founded by Bitfinex shareholder Dong Zhao, started taking in pre-orders from users who want to participate in the public phase of the exchange’s upcoming $1 billion token sale.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019
Also published on Medium.