Singaporean blockchain company PLMP Fintech has signed an MOU this afternoon with the Agency for Free Trade Zone and Free Port of Batam and Indonesian firm Central Distribusi Batam for the development of a multi-million project in partnership with the Ministry of Trade that aims at reshaping the whole country’s logistics sector starting from the biggest island of the Riau Province.
The pilot phase will see the implementation in Batam of PLMP Fintech’s own Creatanium blockchain protocol to standardise the bidding exercise between buyers and sellers of agricultural commodities.
“Both parties will benefit from a simplified process where offering prices and trading are conducted openly and transparently”, says Clayton Ong, the tech firm’s appointed Country Manager that will oversee operations as they are gradually extended to the whole of Indonesia.
With one of the world’s largest populations and a challenging territory that encompasses thousands of islands and hectares of jungle, Indonesia can make the best use of a blockchain-based tracking platform to turn its time-consuming supply chain into an efficient machine.
“Our solutions will allow for round-the-clock updates on the exact location of moving goods to prevent delays and optimise the whole process”, explains PLMP Fintech’s Co-Founder Kym Kee during her presentation.
Indonesia’s logistics sector has a significant impact on the country’s GDP with costs that can be more than twice those of its neighbouring countries with imbalances also at national levels. Where inefficiencies in the transportation and delivery of goods within certain territories lead to higher prices for basic commodities like rice or sugar, PLMP Fintech’s blockchain solutions can bring the transparency and traceability needed to create an even ground.
The project is part of PLMP Fintech’s vision to build up a strong blockchain ecosystem made unique by the use of its own protocol and a diversified source of revenue from technological solutions to digital assets. Backed by a number of projects already in the pipeline around Southeast Asia, last one of which in Batam, and by market confidence, the company’s own digital currency Creatanium has already surpassed parity with the US dollar in less than a year from its launch in May 2018.
- Chainalysis Launches Real-Time Alerts for Suspicious Transactions For 15 Cryptocurrencies - August 22, 2019
- Factom Launches New Stablecoin called PegNet Stablecoin - August 22, 2019
- HitBTC Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers Massive Rate Cuts - August 22, 2019
- American Classic Beer Miller Lite Teams Up with Blockchain Vatom Labs to Create New Customer Experiences - August 21, 2019
- WordProof and WORBLI Partner To Bring Online Content Transparency Using Blockchain Technology - August 21, 2019
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
Also published on Medium.