Singaporean blockchain company PLMP Fintech has signed an MOU this afternoon with the Agency for Free Trade Zone and Free Port of Batam and Indonesian firm Central Distribusi Batam for the development of a multi-million project in partnership with the Ministry of Trade that aims at reshaping the whole country’s logistics sector starting from the biggest island of the Riau Province.
The pilot phase will see the implementation in Batam of PLMP Fintech’s own Creatanium blockchain protocol to standardise the bidding exercise between buyers and sellers of agricultural commodities.
“Both parties will benefit from a simplified process where offering prices and trading are conducted openly and transparently”, says Clayton Ong, the tech firm’s appointed Country Manager that will oversee operations as they are gradually extended to the whole of Indonesia.
With one of the world’s largest populations and a challenging territory that encompasses thousands of islands and hectares of jungle, Indonesia can make the best use of a blockchain-based tracking platform to turn its time-consuming supply chain into an efficient machine.
“Our solutions will allow for round-the-clock updates on the exact location of moving goods to prevent delays and optimise the whole process”, explains PLMP Fintech’s Co-Founder Kym Kee during her presentation.
Indonesia’s logistics sector has a significant impact on the country’s GDP with costs that can be more than twice those of its neighbouring countries with imbalances also at national levels. Where inefficiencies in the transportation and delivery of goods within certain territories lead to higher prices for basic commodities like rice or sugar, PLMP Fintech’s blockchain solutions can bring the transparency and traceability needed to create an even ground.
The project is part of PLMP Fintech’s vision to build up a strong blockchain ecosystem made unique by the use of its own protocol and a diversified source of revenue from technological solutions to digital assets. Backed by a number of projects already in the pipeline around Southeast Asia, last one of which in Batam, and by market confidence, the company’s own digital currency Creatanium has already surpassed parity with the US dollar in less than a year from its launch in May 2018.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
Also published on Medium.