NEM Ventures, the venture capital and investments arm of the NEM blockchain ecosystem, has announced its investment in IoDLT (Internet of Distributed Ledger Technologies), a B2B blockchain and IoT-based startup. IoDLT utilises IoT and NEM Catapult to provide scalable, cost-effective B2B solutions that automate approaches to securely recording sensor-based IoT data directly to an immutable, distributed, and trusted ledger.
Bader Youssef, CTO of IoDLT, said:
“We strongly believe that businesses should respect their users’ data, and NEM Catapult makes this all possible. Its highly performant, secure, and modular nature allows us to have full flexibility with our solutions. Catapult allows us to focus more on providing high-quality solutions, rather than worry about the safety and complexity of the technology. IoT devices benefit from this simplicity, as Catapult can interact with nearly any language and platform that supports the ability to make API calls and allows the devices to communicate securely. As a result, we can allow any business to utilize a fully secure and private blockchain and IoT solution, without the huge overhead costs.”
David Mansell, Director, and Co-founder of NEM Ventures, said:
“We see huge potential in IoDLT and are thrilled to be investing in a startup with significant potential for scalability. Facilitated by NEM Catapult, IoT devices connected directly to the blockchain will have a wide array of industry applications. We’re excited to be at the intersection of blockchain and IoT, and to see first-hand the solutions that can be put in place to increase business efficiency and security.”
IoDLT’s core product is a small form IoT device which runs a NEM Catapult node (or entire private chain) to allow direct connection of various sensors and computing capability to a Catapult chain. This provides the full functionality of a blockchain solution at a fraction of the cost and can be used in a Private or Public chain scenario. Their solution will enable any business to utilize NEM Catapult’s features, including decentralized swaps between businesses, on-chain account systems, two-factor authentication, user data management, and secure business logic modeling.
With security and decentralisation at the forefront of its solutions, IoDLT has a strict no-central-server policy and all data is either stored privately, publicly on the blockchain, or in distributed storage and is encrypted to ensure maximum data integrity. IoDLT’s solutions feature realistic implementations of the NEM blockchain and IoT that integrate seamlessly into already-established business operations, with tangible applications across the Artificial Intelligence (AI), healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, and supply chain, agriculture, fin-tech, alternative energy metering, and accounting industries.
IoDLT plans to release a disruptive blockchain and IoT healthcare management solution within the next year, leveraging NEM Catapult to facilitate patient management, administration processes, decentralized records, Internet of Medical Things, and audibility. This solution will save time and cost processing while streamlining stakeholder relations and will cater to doctors, patients, and health insurance companies. IoDLT currently has a pilot medical clinic in place to test this solution before its official launch in Q2 2020.
NEM Ventures is the venture capital and investments arm of the NEM blockchain ecosystem. Specialising in high tech investments, NEM Ventures promotes the growth of the ecosystem through strategic investments in projects which align with the ethos of the NEM community. NEM Ventures was mandated by the community in a public vote to manage a pool of reserved funds to meet these aims.
NEM Ventures focuses on projects which demonstrate a truly differentiated product, the ability to generate positive net income in the medium term, and founders who showcase the desire to move the blockchain ecosystem forward. Founded in 2018, NEM Ventures is a relatively new member of the NEM ecosystem and comprises a small, highly motivated team of investment and technology professionals.
Founded in 2018, IoDLT (Internet of Distributed Ledger Technology) utilizes two disruptive technologies – Internet of Things and blockchain – to provide seamless, secure, and scalable B2B solutions. IoDLT brings security to small and large businesses alike, without compromising user data privacy and user-to-business interactions. Their technology’s application spans a wide range of industries, namely healthcare, agriculture, supply chain, and energy metering.
Alongside providing business solutions, IoDLT envisions a future run by embedded devices. Securing those devices will become imperative to the operations of any business. IoDLT deploys proprietary and affordable IoT to blockchain protocols to secure the devices of the world.
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020
Also published on Medium.