Zilliqa, the high-throughput public blockchain platform, is integrating with Chainlink, a decentralised oracle network that connects smart contracts with real-world data, to enable an ecosystem of data-driven smart contracts. The collaboration will allow Zilliqa smart contracts to easily retrieve and query external data feeds through a custom Chainlink adapter, enabling access to real-time information such as exchange rates, market prices, voting results, weather forecasts, derived from other public blockchains and cloud service providers.
Dan Kochis, Global Head of Business Development at Chainlink said:
“Our recent main net launch showcased our capabilities in equipping Ethereum smart contracts with the ability to query market prices. After months of collaboration with the Zilliqa team, we are excited to expand our off-chain data query capabilities to yet another innovative trailblazer in the global blockchain ecosystem. Data-driven by design, the integration of our services with a platform that champions greater standards in not only scalability and decentralisation, but also security, will help to catalyse a new generation of decentralised finance applications built for enterprise use.”
Amrit Kumar, President and Chief Scientific Officer at Zilliqa said:
“With a collective vision to empower developers with technologically-sound infrastructures and resources, we believe that this collaboration with Chainlink will enable us to deliver an exciting value proposition to our developer community and our end users. As we continue to explore more solutions in the realm of decentralised finance, access to secure and reliable price feeds will be integral to the growing diversity of the Zilliqa ecosystem. We look forward to seeing exciting new applications on our networks such as decentralised exchanges, trading platforms, and many other crypto-integrated financial services.”
With a decentralised oracle solution, Chainlink will be able to source data from multiple providers and redirect them to the Zilliqa blockchain, effectively enriching the Zilliqa smart contract ecosystem, while ensuring its robustness and security. The decentralised oracle will allow independent node operators to reliably transmit data feeds to an oracle smart contract, which can be consumed by all developers on the network. Comprised of independent operators, the resulting system then has no single point of failure and is more decentralised than a single server.
Having successfully mitigated limitations due to Zilliqa’s design at the protocol-level, the Zilliqa and Chainlink teams have been working closely on technical development and testing to ensure the successful querying of the Zilliqa blockchain. Automated by design, the Chainlink adapter will also help bolster the platform’s trustlessness and scalability, as no single individual will be responsible for manually updating data feeds. Simultaneously, private keys to smart contracts will be managed in the external adapter rather than a blockchain node, allowing for greater security throughout the system’s architecture.
Having launched its mainnet on May 30, 2019, Chainlink is designed to address the smart contract connectivity problem by facilitating connections between traditional data providers and smart contract platforms. By leveraging an on-chain and off-chain approach to implementation, Chainlink is able to provide a secure, decentralised Oracle to facilitate interactions between blockchains and real-world data. To date, Chainlink has successfully attained partnerships with Google as an official Cloud Partner, and banking technology provider SWIFT.
Zilliqa is a high-throughput public blockchain platform that aims to make decentralised blockchains the building block of future enterprises and applications. Developed through academic research and helmed by a team of experienced scientists, engineers, venture creators and leaders in the financial services, Zilliqa addresses limitations in scalability and security, enabling real-world usability across a variety of industries, including finance, digital advertising, and gaming. In 2019, Zilliqa became the first public blockchain platform to be built on sharded architecture, with smart contracts written in the platform’s secure-by-design programming language, Scilla.
For more information, visit: zilliqa.com.
Chainlink is a decentralized oracle network that enables smart contracts to securely access off-chain data feeds, web APIs, and traditional bank payments. Chainlink is consistently selected as one of the top blockchain technologies by leading independent research firms such as Gartner. It is well known for providing highly secure and reliable oracles to large enterprises (Google and SWIFT) and leading smart contract development teams.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
Also published on Medium.