More than 4,500 individuals and entities participated and ponied up more than USD$23 million in the first US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) qualified and regulated Regulation A+ token offering issued by Blockstack PBC (including both their SEC-qualified token offering and investors outside the United States made under Regulation S).
Major investors include Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Recruit Holdings, Arrington XRP Capital, Hashkey Group, Fenbushi Capital, Frontier Ventures, Spartan Group, and various other funds.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corporation at the heart of the Blockstack ecosystem, is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team that includes computer scientists from Princeton, Stanford, MIT and other top universities.
After four years of research and development, they have deployed the initial version of their full-stack computing platform that they say can scale blockchain-based apps to millions of users today.
- Founded in 2013 at Princeton
- $50M+ in funding
- 4 years of research & development
- 7,000+ active developers and enthusiasts
- 100+ apps launched on Blockstack
From the Blockstack Blog:
“One of our goals for working with regulators in the United States was to open up our network to a broader audience. We wanted to reach more retail investors who can be users of the Blockstack network. These users have a financial stake in the success of our ecosystem. We’re proud to deliver on our commitment to permit early community members who tried participating in 2017 but did not reach the wealth or income requirements for “Accredited Investor” status. These early community members were able to participate now at the same price as the 2017 Regulation D offering to Accredited Investors.”
“Building and testing privacy-centric technology should be a process that is open to everyone. We have now welcomed thousands of new contributors to our ecosystem as Stacks owners.”
But it was not just US investors, they also attracted strategic investors from Asia which was a key goal of their token offering.
“We announced earlier that Hashkey and SNZ led our Asia strategic round. Recruit, one of the largest internet companies in Japan, partnered for the Japanese market. And we are in discussions with international investors for an additional $5M+ which may be distributed in a separate private placement or in a follow-on SEC-qualified offering, as we have previously disclosed in our SEC filings. The goal of this additional distribution is to continue growing our community and network in Asia.”
Following the distribution of the tokens, which is expected to occur in 30 days, Blockstack PBC plans to use funds from the 2019 token offerings to fuel further growth of the Blockstack decentralized computing network. This includes supporting user acquisition efforts, creating educational and marketing materials, supporting community events, expanding into potential new territories, and more. Guess what…. They are hiring!
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019
- VeganNation Add Brazilian Football Superstar Cafu to It’s Advisory Board - October 31, 2019
- Alliance Investments Announces Plans Tokenization of £500m in UK Real Estate in STOs - October 31, 2019
Also published on Medium.