Details regarding the launch promised it would take place before October 31, 2019, were revealed in the Ton Board Telegram group revealing parts of an email to the investors of the network from the team.
- Following a successful initial testing period, TON is planned to be launched in late October.
- Investors are provided with the TON Key Generation Software.
- Investors will have to provide Telegram with the public key to receive their Grams by October 16th. This key will be confirmed using credentials provided in the Token Purchase Agreement.
- The entire source code of TON is available at Github.
- Investors have to select validators. Neither Telegram nor the TON Foundation will serve as validators post-launch.
Validators of the network will be the users holding the largest amount of tokens.
A TON checklist was also revealed which covers the major points every crypto holder should check when making his or her choice, how to store or trade digital assets.
The checklist focuses on:
- Risks of using native TON technology without sufficient experience
- Items to check when generating the keys of the wallet
- Dangers of using a mobile hot wallet to store meaningful volumes of Grams
- Conversion of Grams into fiat and banking questions.
Telegram Open Network (TON) — Explained
The checklist can be downloaded here.
Also published on Medium.