Leading Japanese financial services company SBI Holdings has invested $20 million in OpenLegacy, the market leader in microservice-based APIs for legacy and core systems with a focus on instituting Ripple-powered Moneytap, a blockchain-based payment application in Japan and globally and building Internet banking across SBI’s growing portfolio of Japanese banks.
“OpenLegacy will enable our portfolio companies to quickly launch digital innovations, integrating, leveraging, and extending our legacy systems in a fraction of the time, all without changing the underlying systems,” said Yoshitaka Kitao, SBI Holdings President & CEO.
SBI has made the investment based on OpenLegacy‘s long-term technology promise as well as to accelerate its own digital transformation activities, using OpenLegacy’s technology to spearhead the two key strategic efforts.
The solution reduces the time, cost and risk normally associated with digital transformation by connecting directly to legacy systems, automatically generating microservice-based APIs, and deploying on-premises or in the cloud. OpenLegacy reduces the total cost of ownership by bypassing layers of middleware and delivers digital services without changing the back-end legacy system.
OpenLegacy further enables seamless integration into existing or new DevOps pipelines because of its compatibility with modern code development practices. Furthermore, by working with the development team to generate custom-built templates, site-specific standards can create consistently robust services at an unprecedented speed.
“SBI’s use cases demonstrate the range of achievements that OpenLegacy’s technology makes possible,” said Ron Rabinowitz, OpenLegacy’s President. “The investment opens the door to Japan, the world’s second-largest mainframe market. It is an important milestone in our global expansion; we’re now serving the world’s top clients across the United States, Europe, LATAM and Asia.”
Tokyo-Japan-based SBI Holdings focuses on three core businesses in the Financial Service area: securities, banking, and insurance. It provides financial products and related services mainly based on securities, banking, insurance, and housing loans. It also engages in the “Asset Management Business,” which invests in Japanese and overseas venture companies in the fields of IT, biotechnology, environment/energy and finance, and in the “Biotechnology-related Business,” which develops cosmetics, health foods, and drug discovery.
OpenLegacy accelerates the delivery of innovative digital services from legacy systems in days versus months. Our microservices-based API integration and management platform reduces manual effort by automating API creation, bypassing middleware complexity, while improving API performance and thereby staff efficiency. Its software directly accesses and extends business logic to web, mobile, or cloud innovations in the form of Java objects, Rest APIs, or SOAP. Most importantly, this process is not only fast, easy, and secure, but also unintrusive to existing system architectures. Business and IT teams can therefore quickly deploy to market the digital demands of their customers, partners, and employees without ever having to modernize or replace their core systems. Learn why leading companies choose OpenLegacy at http://www.openlegacy.com.
- BlockConf DIGITAL Announces Epic 48-hours Online Blockchain Conference - April 7, 2020
- Global Virtual Earth Day Event Planned for April 22nd EST From The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition - April 7, 2020
- ConsenSys’ Health Division Kicks Off STOP COVID-19 International Ethereum Hackathon – April 13, 2020 - April 7, 2020
- Bitfinex Cryptocurrency Exchange to Offer Staking Rewards Program - April 6, 2020
- European Commission Backed Blockchain Organisation INATBA Joins WEF COVID Action Platform to Address Global Challenges - April 6, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Develops Phase 3 Clinical Drug Candidate, Against COVID-19 – OT-101 - April 6, 2020
- US Lawyers Go After Cryptocurrency Ecosystem with Multiple Class Action Suits Against Exchanges and Issuers - April 6, 2020
- Huobi Charity Joins Rally with Blockchain Community in Global Fight Against COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Binance Officially Absorbs CoinMarketCap in $400 million deal - April 2, 2020
- RealT Tokenises and Sells USD One Million in Real Estate On Ethereum - March 30, 2020
- IOTA Teams Up with Eclipse Foundation to Work on Decentralised Marketplace and Identity Solutions to Help Fight Pandemic - March 30, 2020
- University of Malta Students Develop and Use Blockchain Voting Application - March 30, 2020
- Japan’s Nomura Securities and BOOSTRY Issue First Blockchain Digital Bond Offering - March 30, 2020
- Opera Rolls out Update and Expansion of its Cryptocurrency-Friendly Browser Blockchain Architecture - March 30, 2020
- Hong Kong Bank Partners with Aegis to Focus On Asset Digitalization Using Blockchain Technology - March 30, 2020
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
Also published on Medium.