Leading Japanese financial services company SBI Holdings has invested $20 million in OpenLegacy, the market leader in microservice-based APIs for legacy and core systems with a focus on instituting Ripple-powered Moneytap, a blockchain-based payment application in Japan and globally and building Internet banking across SBI’s growing portfolio of Japanese banks.
“OpenLegacy will enable our portfolio companies to quickly launch digital innovations, integrating, leveraging, and extending our legacy systems in a fraction of the time, all without changing the underlying systems,” said Yoshitaka Kitao, SBI Holdings President & CEO.
SBI has made the investment based on OpenLegacy‘s long-term technology promise as well as to accelerate its own digital transformation activities, using OpenLegacy’s technology to spearhead the two key strategic efforts.
The solution reduces the time, cost and risk normally associated with digital transformation by connecting directly to legacy systems, automatically generating microservice-based APIs, and deploying on-premises or in the cloud. OpenLegacy reduces the total cost of ownership by bypassing layers of middleware and delivers digital services without changing the back-end legacy system.
OpenLegacy further enables seamless integration into existing or new DevOps pipelines because of its compatibility with modern code development practices. Furthermore, by working with the development team to generate custom-built templates, site-specific standards can create consistently robust services at an unprecedented speed.
“SBI’s use cases demonstrate the range of achievements that OpenLegacy’s technology makes possible,” said Ron Rabinowitz, OpenLegacy’s President. “The investment opens the door to Japan, the world’s second-largest mainframe market. It is an important milestone in our global expansion; we’re now serving the world’s top clients across the United States, Europe, LATAM and Asia.”
Tokyo-Japan-based SBI Holdings focuses on three core businesses in the Financial Service area: securities, banking, and insurance. It provides financial products and related services mainly based on securities, banking, insurance, and housing loans. It also engages in the “Asset Management Business,” which invests in Japanese and overseas venture companies in the fields of IT, biotechnology, environment/energy and finance, and in the “Biotechnology-related Business,” which develops cosmetics, health foods, and drug discovery.
OpenLegacy accelerates the delivery of innovative digital services from legacy systems in days versus months. Our microservices-based API integration and management platform reduces manual effort by automating API creation, bypassing middleware complexity, while improving API performance and thereby staff efficiency. Its software directly accesses and extends business logic to web, mobile, or cloud innovations in the form of Java objects, Rest APIs, or SOAP. Most importantly, this process is not only fast, easy, and secure, but also unintrusive to existing system architectures. Business and IT teams can therefore quickly deploy to market the digital demands of their customers, partners, and employees without ever having to modernize or replace their core systems. Learn why leading companies choose OpenLegacy at http://www.openlegacy.com.
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry - February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform - February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience - February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
Also published on Medium.