To help with the launch the upcoming Ardor Blockchain, a platform built by Nxt that uses child chains and incorporates their latest Blockchain innovation – a leading investor within the NXT community, who is known as Megalodon, is offering 5 million NXT (approximately $150,000) to anyone who runs NXT nodes. Backed by the NXT core developers, the bounty will be awarded in the form of a massive transaction fee.
According to Roger Aitken from Forbes, Megalodon, who got their nickname from the Nxt community as a reference to the whale-eating prehistoric shark, is the largest current single NXT holder. He/she maintains near-total anonymity. As an aside a ‘whale’ is crypto-currency slang for a large investor or stakeholder.
Megalodon – or let’s use Meg for short – has always supported the Nxt community. And, their basic motivation appears to be the “long-term success of Nxt”, rather than short-term financial gain, according to Pearce.
He further explains: “By offering a percentage of their holdings to a bounty program, Meg can encourage the growth of the Nxt network. This growth will probably be reflected in an increase in the value of NXT itself, so Meg’s contribution to the bounty program will probably be an effective investment for them.”
Nxt can be run directly from a desktop and the Nxt community provides assistance to help users in their setup process, through the nxtforum or Nxt Slack , a project collaboration/communication platform. Specifically, it is used for day-to-day communication within the Nxt community and various project teams.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019