To help with the launch the upcoming Ardor Blockchain, a platform built by Nxt that uses child chains and incorporates their latest Blockchain innovation – a leading investor within the NXT community, who is known as Megalodon, is offering 5 million NXT (approximately $150,000) to anyone who runs NXT nodes. Backed by the NXT core developers, the bounty will be awarded in the form of a massive transaction fee.
According to Roger Aitken from Forbes, Megalodon, who got their nickname from the Nxt community as a reference to the whale-eating prehistoric shark, is the largest current single NXT holder. He/she maintains near-total anonymity. As an aside a ‘whale’ is crypto-currency slang for a large investor or stakeholder.
Megalodon – or let’s use Meg for short – has always supported the Nxt community. And, their basic motivation appears to be the “long-term success of Nxt”, rather than short-term financial gain, according to Pearce.
He further explains: “By offering a percentage of their holdings to a bounty program, Meg can encourage the growth of the Nxt network. This growth will probably be reflected in an increase in the value of NXT itself, so Meg’s contribution to the bounty program will probably be an effective investment for them.”
Nxt can be run directly from a desktop and the Nxt community provides assistance to help users in their setup process, through the nxtforum or Nxt Slack , a project collaboration/communication platform. Specifically, it is used for day-to-day communication within the Nxt community and various project teams.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019