To help with the launch the upcoming Ardor Blockchain, a platform built by Nxt that uses child chains and incorporates their latest Blockchain innovation – a leading investor within the NXT community, who is known as Megalodon, is offering 5 million NXT (approximately $150,000) to anyone who runs NXT nodes. Backed by the NXT core developers, the bounty will be awarded in the form of a massive transaction fee.
According to Roger Aitken from Forbes, Megalodon, who got their nickname from the Nxt community as a reference to the whale-eating prehistoric shark, is the largest current single NXT holder. He/she maintains near-total anonymity. As an aside a ‘whale’ is crypto-currency slang for a large investor or stakeholder.
Megalodon – or let’s use Meg for short – has always supported the Nxt community. And, their basic motivation appears to be the “long-term success of Nxt”, rather than short-term financial gain, according to Pearce.
He further explains: “By offering a percentage of their holdings to a bounty program, Meg can encourage the growth of the Nxt network. This growth will probably be reflected in an increase in the value of NXT itself, so Meg’s contribution to the bounty program will probably be an effective investment for them.”
Nxt can be run directly from a desktop and the Nxt community provides assistance to help users in their setup process, through the nxtforum or Nxt Slack , a project collaboration/communication platform. Specifically, it is used for day-to-day communication within the Nxt community and various project teams.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019