To help with the launch the upcoming Ardor Blockchain, a platform built by Nxt that uses child chains and incorporates their latest Blockchain innovation – a leading investor within the NXT community, who is known as Megalodon, is offering 5 million NXT (approximately $150,000) to anyone who runs NXT nodes. Backed by the NXT core developers, the bounty will be awarded in the form of a massive transaction fee.
According to Roger Aitken from Forbes, Megalodon, who got their nickname from the Nxt community as a reference to the whale-eating prehistoric shark, is the largest current single NXT holder. He/she maintains near-total anonymity. As an aside a ‘whale’ is crypto-currency slang for a large investor or stakeholder.
Megalodon – or let’s use Meg for short – has always supported the Nxt community. And, their basic motivation appears to be the “long-term success of Nxt”, rather than short-term financial gain, according to Pearce.
He further explains: “By offering a percentage of their holdings to a bounty program, Meg can encourage the growth of the Nxt network. This growth will probably be reflected in an increase in the value of NXT itself, so Meg’s contribution to the bounty program will probably be an effective investment for them.”
Nxt can be run directly from a desktop and the Nxt community provides assistance to help users in their setup process, through the nxtforum or Nxt Slack , a project collaboration/communication platform. Specifically, it is used for day-to-day communication within the Nxt community and various project teams.
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020
- Thai Actor and Victim’s Bitcoin Buddy Implicated in Kidnapping and Ransom of Singaporean National in Thailand - January 14, 2020
- Securitize Runs First-Ever IRA Investment In Digital Securities - January 14, 2020
- NBA Star Spencer Dinwiddie “Tokenizing” His Contract With or Without NBA Green Light - January 13, 2020
- European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde Says ECB Bullish on Digital Currencies - January 13, 2020
- Canadian Crypto Company Voyager Digital Completes Acquisition of US Registered Broker-Dealer - January 13, 2020
- Cogito, Hong Kong-Based Entertainment Studio, Launches Decentralised Autonomous Virtual Horse Racing Game - January 9, 2020
- Blockchain Bandwagon Company Longfin CEO Settles with US SEC for $400,000 - January 7, 2020
- Winklevoss Brothers Invest in $5 million Seed Round for TaxBit - January 7, 2020
- Securrency Secures $17.65 million in Series A funding round Led by WisdomTree - January 7, 2020
- Measure Protocol Backed with £2m in New Funding for Blockchain-Powered Person-Based Data Marketplace - January 7, 2020
- The Next Wave of Crypto – Traction is Key – And Mobile Mining is Gaining Massive Adoption - January 2, 2020
- Google Reverses Metamask Ban from Playstore - January 1, 2020
- Bankex Launches Token Exchange Engine in Telegram - December 31, 2019