impactChoice, an environmental sustainability software company that recently turned its attention towards Blockchain, is launching on October 23, 2017 a token presale for its brand new Earth Token (ETN), an ERC20 Standard cryptocurrency. The token sale’s main round commences one week later.
Theirs is only the most recent in a long spate of token sales that have taken the Blockchain world by storm. Hundreds of millions have been raised. impactChoice in an interview with Blockchain News highlighted how their token differentiates itself from other Blockchain projects thanks to its vision towards improving the environment’s plight.
The company has been developing its ‘Natural Asset Exchange’ after providing environmental mitigation auditing software for companies mostly in the hospitality industry, such as the sustainable Hotel Verde. It envisages its Natural Asset exchange as a permissioned Blockchain ledger. Speaking with Blockchain News, impactChoice founder Leonard Harley discussed why the software company, which has been around for nearly a decade, is in the process of migrating towards Blockchain technology.
“IBM, Fujitsu, Linux as well as R3 and the world’s largest financial institutions have consolidated their separate Blockchain initiatives under one roof,” Harley told The-Blockchain. “The smarted minds in the world are investing in distributed ledger technology. We investigated Hyperledger by Linux, but decided Ethereum, at the current juncture, represented a more mature option.Our Blockchain platform will democratize the natural asset markets.”
“We will rebuild our fractionalization engine as a Blockchain application for, ultimately, the compliance industry.”
The Natural Capital Asset will allow carbon credits, RECs and metered outputs to be listed on a decentralized platform.
impactChoice, which was founded in 2009, has offices are in the U.S, U.K, South Africa and Mauritius. Whereas so many tokens sales hail from brand new companies, this is not the case with impactChoice. In 2015 and 2017, the company’s environmental mitigation software was incorporated into the Men’s World Squash Champion and Pacific Market International Bellevue Squash Classic to make them “energy neutral events.” impactChoice helped software company Oracle in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint with impactChoice products.
“The Natural Asset Exchange represents the final evolution in impactChoice’s quest to create a science-based model for environmental impact mitigation. When the government here in Mauritius did a climate change sensitivity campaign, my youngest son educated me of the human induced aspect of climate change,” writes impactChoice founder Leonard Harley in as yet published blog, an early version of which was shared with Blockchain News.
“It shocked me. How had we allowed corporate greed to get us to a state where we could kill all life on this planet? I closed my lucrative IT company and focused all my efforts on trying to find some mechanism, some solution, some technological approach like a software platform – anything – to solve this problem. It’s life or death.”
“I did eight months of research before I settled on the idea for impactChoice of how to incorporate environmental impact mitigation into business transactions. It struck me after doing my research that it’s not that difficult for companies to become responsible and environmentally sustainable if one looks at those market driven mechanisms available. Therefore, companies must take sustainability on as a strategic initiative within.”
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019