impactChoice, an environmental sustainability software company that recently turned its attention towards Blockchain, is launching on October 23, 2017 a token presale for its brand new Earth Token (ETN), an ERC20 Standard cryptocurrency. The token sale’s main round commences one week later.
Theirs is only the most recent in a long spate of token sales that have taken the Blockchain world by storm. Hundreds of millions have been raised. impactChoice in an interview with Blockchain News highlighted how their token differentiates itself from other Blockchain projects thanks to its vision towards improving the environment’s plight.
The company has been developing its ‘Natural Asset Exchange’ after providing environmental mitigation auditing software for companies mostly in the hospitality industry, such as the sustainable Hotel Verde. It envisages its Natural Asset exchange as a permissioned Blockchain ledger. Speaking with Blockchain News, impactChoice founder Leonard Harley discussed why the software company, which has been around for nearly a decade, is in the process of migrating towards Blockchain technology.
“IBM, Fujitsu, Linux as well as R3 and the world’s largest financial institutions have consolidated their separate Blockchain initiatives under one roof,” Harley told The-Blockchain. “The smarted minds in the world are investing in distributed ledger technology. We investigated Hyperledger by Linux, but decided Ethereum, at the current juncture, represented a more mature option.Our Blockchain platform will democratize the natural asset markets.”
“We will rebuild our fractionalization engine as a Blockchain application for, ultimately, the compliance industry.”
The Natural Capital Asset will allow carbon credits, RECs and metered outputs to be listed on a decentralized platform.
impactChoice, which was founded in 2009, has offices are in the U.S, U.K, South Africa and Mauritius. Whereas so many tokens sales hail from brand new companies, this is not the case with impactChoice. In 2015 and 2017, the company’s environmental mitigation software was incorporated into the Men’s World Squash Champion and Pacific Market International Bellevue Squash Classic to make them “energy neutral events.” impactChoice helped software company Oracle in an effort to reduce its carbon footprint with impactChoice products.
“The Natural Asset Exchange represents the final evolution in impactChoice’s quest to create a science-based model for environmental impact mitigation. When the government here in Mauritius did a climate change sensitivity campaign, my youngest son educated me of the human induced aspect of climate change,” writes impactChoice founder Leonard Harley in as yet published blog, an early version of which was shared with Blockchain News.
“It shocked me. How had we allowed corporate greed to get us to a state where we could kill all life on this planet? I closed my lucrative IT company and focused all my efforts on trying to find some mechanism, some solution, some technological approach like a software platform – anything – to solve this problem. It’s life or death.”
“I did eight months of research before I settled on the idea for impactChoice of how to incorporate environmental impact mitigation into business transactions. It struck me after doing my research that it’s not that difficult for companies to become responsible and environmentally sustainable if one looks at those market driven mechanisms available. Therefore, companies must take sustainability on as a strategic initiative within.”
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019
- China’s LiveDAO To Tap 5G Tech for Live Broadcasting - August 8, 2019