Peter Vessenes, Managing Director of New Alchemy, a leading advisory group in the blockchain and tokenization industry, today announced he and a team of engineers are developing Deluge Network, the first service to allow users to directly contribute Bitcoin to an ICO without an exchange. Currently, ICO contributors must use a two-step process: 1) send Bitcoin to an exchange to convert it to Ethereum or ERC20 token, 2) contribute. This process can take an hour or more and is prohibitively expensive for large transactions. In contrast, the Deluge process will be inexpensive, direct, and extremely fast.
Deluge Network will enable Bitcoin to act as if it is moving on the Ethereum blockchain by fully backing the Deluge Bitcoin Token (DBTC) with an equal amount of Bitcoin (BTC). This will allow fast and easy conversion both to and from Bitcoin. Transaction times and fees will be minimal, and the transaction will be as simple as identifying an ICO’s address and sending DBTC using Deluge wallet software. Users can also receive DBTC directly back to their wallet. Deluge Network will not only give Bitcoin holders a clear, direct, and safe path to contribute to ICOs, but will also open up a wide array of Ethereum blockchain payment functionality to Bitcoin.
Future plans include extending Deluge Network to other cryptocurrencies, such as Zcash, Monero, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.
“Converting Bitcoin into Ethereum has become increasingly difficult and costly, and with the rise in popularity of ICOs, it’s more important than ever to simplify this process. Existing exchanges and trading desks can take an hour to days to process; fees and slippage can total up to 10%. We propose something different: Deluge delivers both the value of Bitcoin as well as the smart contract features, speed, and price benefits of Ethereum. As a first benefit, any ICO participant can use Deluge to fund an ICO directly with their Bitcoin through an easy, decentralized process.”
The first ICO to use Deluge will be Bloq Inc’s Metronome, a hotly anticipated cross-chain digital asset launching in February 2018.
To learn more about Deluge Network and stay up-to-date on its progress, visit www.delugenetwork.io.
Deluge Network will allow Bitcoin, Monero, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash and other cryptocurrencies the benefits of Ethereum’s flexibility and functionality. With its patent-pending technology, Deluge will create innovative, global solutions to reduce friction and centralization in digital payment protocols. To learn more, visit www.DelugeNetwork.io.
New Alchemy is a strategy and technology advisory and investment group specializing in tokenization. New Alchemy coordinates successful ICO launches for its clients by providing them with C-level strategy, smart contract development, project management, token game theory, and marketing services. A company that truly understands the disruptive nature of blockchain technology and tokenization, New Alchemy is shaping the blockchain industry’s impact on society. Founded in 2016 by early Bitcoin innovator Peter Vessenes, New Alchemy has quickly established itself as the leading consulting group in the blockchain/tokenization space. Since launch, New Alchemy customers have created more than $1.4 billion in value through their tokenizations. To learn more, visit www.newalchemy.io.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018