As crypto-focused capital continues to gravitate strongly towards the medical sector, holding company, Millennium Blockchain (OTC:MBLC) on Wednesday outlined plans to sink USD 5 million into healthcare blockchain data platform BurstIQ, as its first major investment.
According to a press release, US-based Millennium, will acquire USD 2.5 million of Series A Preferred Shares in BurstIQ, as well as taking USD 2.5 million worth of /BIQ tokens, at a discount to the price in BurstIQ’s upcoming ERC20 token offering.
BurstIQ’s blockchain-based, proprietary data platform is HIPAA-compliant (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), and the company believes it sets the standard for protecting sensitive patient data for clients, from major healthcare institutions and data partners to government agencies and nations. The platform includes a benefits marketplace, where individuals and self-insured employers can access insurance products and precision medicine services, available to all BIQ token holders.
“We are thrilled to partner with Millennium Blockchain. They truly understand best practice use cases of blockchain and particularly how the BurstIQ platform solves scalable challenges within the healthcare space,” said Frank Ricotta, CEO of BurstIQ, in a statement. “They also share our vision of improving the healthcare industry with a person-centric approach. Their investment should help us accelerate our core development and expand into new market sectors.”
BurstIQ completed a blockchain data integration project for Utah-based Intermountain Healthcare with strategic partner Empiric Health, according to the statement, producing over USD 90 million in operational efficiency savings. This has enabled Empiric to manage data and perform analytics for major healthcare systems,
“With the launch of their BIQ digital token, BurstIQ is adding a whole new layer of value to their current platform that truly places BurstIQ in its own class,” stated Enzo Villani, Chairman of Millennium Blockchain.
For more information on Millenium Blockchain: https://www.mblockchain.io
For more on BurstIQ visit: https://www.burstiq.com
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018