Swiss blockchain marketplace Lykke has further increased the number of cryptocurrencies listed on its exchange, with the addition of the private Zcash /ZEC token, according to an announcement on Tuesday.
Having ramped up the number of listed coins by more than 30 since February, including the addition of Litecoin, Lykke has now added Zcash, which has a market cap of is USD 674.7 million, making it the 26th largest token, according to data from coinmarketcap.com.
Zcash, which launched in late 2016, has become one of the most recognized names in cryptocurrency and due to its high degree of fungibility and its capacity for anonymous transactions, according to a statement.
Where the Bitcoin blockchain achieves security by publishing all transactions publicly, the Zcash blockchain verifies encrypted transactions through an approach called the Zero-Knowledge Proof. By this method, information about the transaction can be verified without revealing the information itself.
“Bringing Zcash to the Lykke Exchange couldn’t be coming at a better time,” said Richard Olsen, Lykke founder and CEO, in the statement. “Look at the top challenges facing the crypto industry today, the transaction times, the privacy concerns. Then look at how Zcash is meeting these challenges. Their way forward is one well worth considering.”
Lykke said that members of its community will be able to buy and sell /ZEC tokens directly from the free Lykke Wallet mobile application. The transactions will take place on the Zcash blockchain, which means they will be anonymous and secure.
Additionally, the Lykke Exchange will handle the activation of Zcash’s Overwinter upgrade, scheduled for June 2018. Overwinter is expected to bring a host of new features and performance improvements. Zcash said it will strengthen the protocol for future network upgrades, adding versioning, replay protection and performance improvements for transparent transactions.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018