Millennium BlockChain, Inc. (OTC:MBLC), a holding company focused on blockchain technologies and crypto-assets, announced last week it has wrapped up negotiations and entered into a letter of intent with ImpactPPA, a decentralized renewable energy platform, to purchase rights for future ImpactPPA tokens and warrants in its parent company for USD 3 million.
ImpactPPA’s MPQ token is expected to fund renewable energy projects in developing economies and enables the MPQ community to vote on and approve projects for funding, officials said.
The investment is designed to allow ImpactPPA to deliver on its growing list of Smart Power Purchase Agreements (SmartPPAs), which allow end-to-end management of clean renewable energy, Millennium BlockChain stated.
ImpactPPA has created a model of deploying renewable energy systems in developing nations using blockchain technology. The company and its partners have a pipeline of projects totaling around 183 megawatts and projected to generate an estimated USD 1.7 billion in revenue throughout the life of the SmartPPAs, according to a statement.
The token is currently available in private presale. Within four months of closing the token portion of the transaction, Millennium BlockChain stated it would have the option to purchase equity in ImpactPPA’s parent company.
“ImpactPPA stands out as not only having a huge addressable market, but also a winning team and business model coupled with working product,” said Brandon Romanek, CEO of Millennium BlockChain, in a statement. “That clearly sets them apart from many of the other blockchain companies in the pre-sale stage.”
Earlier this month, Millennium Blockchain outlined plans to invest USD 5 million into healthcare blockchain data platform BurstIQ, as its first major investment.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018