Blockchain services provider Decentralized Ventures on Tuesday announced its official launch, with the objective of bolstering Malta’s crypto communities. The self-termed full-stack provider aims to strengthen market opportunities in what has come to be known as “crypto island”, due to favorable regulatory conditions there for companies focused on distributed ledger technologies (DLT).
A partnership between initial coin offering (ICO) specialist TokenKey and token research and Blockchain consultancy Strategic Coin Inc., Decentralised Ventures is designed to support the Maltese government’s plans to create the world’s first fully regulated market for ICOs, DLT and virtual currencies, a statement said.
Malta’s decision to establish a regulated DLT market contrasts with the position being taken by
many other national governments. In February, the Mediterranean island’s government announced plans to set up a new organization called the Malta Digital Innovation Authority, which will certify companies wishing to make use of DLT platforms for financial and other purposes.
“Malta will be the first country to provide regulatory certainty, in real terms, to the blockchain and crypto community,” said TokenKey CEO Christopher Emms, in a statement. “We are proud to be the first full-stack service provider here to support Malta’s ambition to become ‘Blockchain Island’ through our many industry-leading clients and partnerships.”
Jeffrey Weinberger, President of Strategic Coin, added, “We firmly believe in the power of blockchain technology to transform and decentralize business processes, and we stand ready to assist any company looking to participate in Malta’s certain and favorable regulatory climate with our expertise in token generation events, research and branding.”
The country’s efforts to seize the initiative in crypto markets have attracted numerous startups to the islands, as well as two of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, Binance and OKEx, with both recently announcing plans to move operations to Malta.
Decentralised Ventures said it aims to encourage more businesses and organizations to take advantage of Malta’s regulatory approach by supporting the development of fully decentralized financial markets built on blockchain and similar platforms.
The company offers end-to-end services for organizations involved in the token, crypto or peer-to-peer lending markets, as well as payment services for exchanging tokens to fiat, advisory introductions to industry service providers, and sector-specific marketing and PR services, a statement said.
Drawing on its jurisdictional expertise in Malta, the company also specialises in regulatory and compliance guidance, according to a statement.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018