In order to create a regulated and decentralized, global stock exchange, Berlin-based blockchain protocol for tokenizing securities, Neufund on Thursday announced a partnership with crypto exchange Binance and the Malta Stock Exchange. The exchange will list and trade tokenized securities and crypto assets, including cryptocurrencies.
Chairman of the Malta Stock Exchange, Mr Joseph Portelli, said, in a statement: “We are delighted to welcome Neufund as our key partner in building a Blockchain-based exchange that is fully integrated with established financial markets. With the upcoming pilot project, we become a worldwide pioneer in digital finance.”
Neufund is partnering with MSX, a vehicle of the Malta Stock Exchange. The pilot project is planned for late 2018 which will include the public offering of tokenized equity on Neufund’s primary market. It may then be possible to trade this equity on Binance, following regulatory approval.
Binance will create an exchange designed to handle security tokens, including equity tokens. Binance CEO Chanpeng Zhao said that this moves Binance along its path to tokenizing traditional financial assets.
“We are thrilled to announce the partnerships with Malta Stock Exchange and Binance, that will ensure high liquidity to equity tokens issued on Neufund. It is the first time in history, that security tokens can be offered and traded in a legally binding way. The upcoming pilot project will allow us to test the market’s reaction and realize the overall project idea in an environment with minimized risk,” said Zoe Adamovicz, CEO and Co-founder at Neufund, in a statement.
Founders Bank, Brille24, Uniti, MySwooop, Next Big Thing, Blockstate and Emflux Motors have all announced they will conduct Equity Token Offerings with Neufund.
The partnership helps to position Malta in its race to become the world’s blockchain island. It recently enacted three laws designed to regulate digital currencies.
- Neufund Partners with Binance and Malta Stock Exchange - July 23, 2018
- IBM Partners with Stablecoin Stronghold USD on Stellar Network - July 18, 2018
- New Blockchain Platform to Provide Digital Immortality - July 18, 2018
- NatWest Joins R3 Blockchain Finance Platform Marco Polo - July 17, 2018
- iXledger Offers New Blockchain Insurance with London Broker - July 16, 2018
- Tech Group MonetaryUnit to Acquire Flubit and Launch Crypto Marketplace - July 13, 2018
- Futuristic, Blockchain-Powered, Algae-Coated Towers Proposed for Hangzhou - July 11, 2018
- Unchain Teams with KPN and Microsoft for Enterprise Blockchain Solutions - July 11, 2018
- Zen Protocol Launches Mainnet Genesis Block - July 10, 2018
- Palladium Launches Regulated ICCO for Institutional Investors - July 10, 2018
- Malta Approves Three Regulatory Bills to Encourage Crypto Adoption - July 5, 2018
- Ron Paul: “Crypto can Bring Back Gold Standard” - July 4, 2018
- EU Report Blasts Economists Who Criticize Cryptocurrencies - July 3, 2018
- VeChain Launches Thor Blockchain. Token Swap Set for Mid-July - July 3, 2018
- Galaxy Digital Invests $20 Million in Blockchain Virtual Reality Platform - July 2, 2018
- DNAtix Pilot Blockchain Technology for Preventative Healthcare - June 28, 2018
- Regulatory Clarity Will Have a Snowball Effect on Institutional Investors - June 28, 2018
- New Platforms Open Up Smart Contracts to Non-Developers - June 28, 2018
- Hyperledger Executive Explores Real-World Uses of Blockchain - June 28, 2018
- Blockchain Tech set to “Overthrow” Current Banking System: ABM AMRO Exec - June 28, 2018