The Tezos Foundation announced on Tuesday that final preparations for the launch of the Tezos beta network are nearing completion, with further announcements containing additional details to be made available on the official Tezos website. The announcement follows several other high profile announcements from Tezos and its partners over the past several months, including changes to the board of directors and a slew of new investments and research partnerships. The Tezos Foundation is focused on supporting the Tezos protocol and related technologies, as well as the support of applications using the Tezos protocol and new technologies in fields of open and decentralized software architecture.
The alphanet, run by the Tezos community, has been in operation for well over a year and has provided valuable engineering insights, but the time has come for the level of real-world experience that the upgrade promises, said the foundation in a statement. Tezos contributors who interact with the network should anticipate both scheduled and unscheduled downtime with regular maintenance and adjustments to optimize performance, it added. A broader mainnet launch is promised following successful beta testing, with all transactions created on the betanet continuing.
The Tezos Foundation said it will prepare a genesis block for the betanet launch, and provided advice for potential users before the anticipated event: “To prepare for this, it is imperative that all contributors verify their donation—regardless of size—to confirm that it was received by the foundation. The foundation intends to recommend allocations in this proposed genesis block for donations of any size that were received during the fundraiser, but they must appear in the Foundation’s new
“To prepare for this, it is imperative that all contributors verify their donation—regardless of size—to confirm that it was received by the Foundation. The Foundation intends to recommend allocations in this proposed genesis block for donations of any size that were received during the fundraiser, but they must appear in the Foundation’s new Check Your Contribution tool.”
Tezos continues to grapple with the aftermath of several consumer lawsuits launched by investors in the project.
This month, Bitcoin Suisse, which became entangled in the legal disputes after offering brokerage services to Tezos, claimed, in an official court filing, that it was not part of the company’s initial coin offering (ICO).
Contributors are advised to enter their Tezos public key, which was included in PDF documents received during the fundraiser. If contributions are not visible using this tool, they will not be included for allocation in the upcoming betanet genesis block, said the foundation.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018